Pushover Plugin - push notifications

Posted on
Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:05 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Pushover Plugin - push notifications

philipbasile wrote:
If I send text messages from indigo to my iPhone with the plugin will they all land in a single thread on my iPhone or will they each be their own thread.

If you want to send text (SMS) messages from Indigo you should be looking at the Google Voice SMS plugin.

https://github.com/IndigoDomotics/google-voice-sms

joe

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Nov 03, 2015 2:46 pm
MarcoGT offline

It seems that since a couple of days I have a problem with Pushover...
I have a couple of notifications which are sent only to my wife's iPhone but since a couple of days I am receiving them too...

Does anyone have the same problem?

Thanks
Marco

Posted on
Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:54 am
MarcoGT offline

Still having the same problem...anyone else has the same problem?

Posted on
Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:52 am
whmoorejr offline

MarcoGT wrote:
Still having the same problem...anyone else has the same problem?

Sorta....

I was having the opposite problem. I could send to 1 device fine or all devices fine, but if I just wanted to send to a portion of the devices I was having hit or miss issues. I'm still not sure if it was just me and the way I was listing the devices in the plugin or the way I had the devices named within pushover. After a while, it started working as I wanted it and I'm not sure if I was fat fingering the names of the devices or what I did wrong, but it finally took.

Suggestion (the voodoo that worked for me): clear out the device list in the pushover action ( your wife's iPhone), close and execute, reload the plugin, edit the pushover action (put wife's phone back in), close and execute and see if it works.

When I was a mechanic on older cars, sometimes you kick the tire to make the windshield wiper work.... doesn't make sense, but I was sure that mechanics was 90% based in reality and 10% mystical. I guess I follow the same approach to home automation.

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:36 am
MarcoGT offline

Thanks, I will try to play a little bit with associated devices and plugin stop/reload.

Posted on
Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:11 pm
adamfox offline

Any solve for this? I'm having a similar problem. Upon load of the plugin I can access the configuration menu. However, after an event triggers a notification the plugin freezes. I'm then no longer able to access the configuration. When I try I receive these errors:

Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from io.thechad.indigoplugin.pushover for request UiGetValues1
Error (client) timeout waiting for plugin response from io.thechad.indigoplugin.pushover for request CallPluginFunc
Error (client) runConfigDialog() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Posted on
Sun Dec 20, 2015 11:58 am
dduff617 offline

possible to send a useful indigo link?

this is not really a pushover-plugin question, but i thought it made sense to ask here anyway.

is there a way i can send a pushover notification with a link to to a page where they can see status or possibly control a device? i could use a link to a page served by the indigo web server (control page or device-specific page). but i was wondering if there is a URL format that i can use to cause indigo touch (app) to open to a particular device page or control page?

(made-up) example:

title: "Door Open"
message: "East Garage Door left open for more than 15 minutes"
url_title: "Close it"
url: indigo://devices/East\20Garage\20Door?action=close

anyone had success with something like this? anyone have a pointer to a reference for how to craft indigo URL's?

Posted on
Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:33 am
whmoorejr offline

dduff617 wrote:
this is not really a pushover-plugin question, but i thought it made sense to ask here anyway.

anyone had success with something like this? anyone have a pointer to a reference for how to craft indigo URL's?

I haven't tried that yet. I set mine to open a page with a static camera image. If I'm fast enough, I can see what triggered the push. (I'm still trying to figure out a way to capture and store the image that triggered a push to include that in a push link). I tried the Google SMS for this with moderate success... once I added additional cell phones (mine was first), then work cell and wife's cell.... by the time the action got around to firing out the text to my wife, whoever knocked at the door was out of the frame.

Back to your question.... try this page:

http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=indigo_s_restful_urls

Bill
My Plugin: My People

Posted on
Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: possible to send a useful indigo link?

dduff617 wrote:
http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id=indigo_touch_urlsbut i was wondering if there is a URL format that i can use to cause indigo touch (app) to open to a particular device page or control page?

http://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id= ... touch_urls

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:33 am
Japple55 offline

I need some help. I've installed the plugin, registered and received my User key, tested it from the Pushover site (successful to my iphone) but am confused about how to obtain the API key for the configuration. On the Register Applications page, I'm asked to fill in the information on the app, the type, upload a icon file, etc. Is this where I should be registering Indigo? Is there specific info I should be entering here? Isn't Indigo already registered? I can't find any specific guidance on this in the documentation. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Jim

Posted on
Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:27 am
markf424 offline

Japple55 wrote:
I need some help. I've installed the plugin, registered and received my User key, tested it from the Pushover site (successful to my iphone) but am confused about how to obtain the API key for the configuration. On the Register Applications page, I'm asked to fill in the information on the app, the type, upload a icon file, etc. Is this where I should be registering Indigo? Is there specific info I should be entering here? Isn't Indigo already registered? I can't find any specific guidance on this in the documentation. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Jim

Jim,

Yes, on the Pushover site, you should use the Register Application function. Nothing specific; I use "Indigo" as the application name. You're simply registering a new API key with Pushover. Once you do that, you'll get the key assigned and can use that in your Indigo configuration.. let us know if you have more issues.

Posted on
Thu Jan 28, 2016 11:27 am
Japple55 offline

Awesome, thanks Mark. It is working now! :D

Posted on
Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:08 pm
Ksullivan offline

Hi
My pushover has stopped working since the 7th of September, I have checked from the pushover website and all worked ok but can't send via Indigo any ideas anyone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:59 pm
dduff617 offline

i'm liking Pushover as a general notification method and am going through my existing indigo config and replacing some places where i had previously used mail or SMS to use pushover instead.

i observe that many of the built-in actions appear in the indigo UI (for example in action groups and triggers) with a description that includes relevant details of the action. an action to send email would appear as "send email to <addr> subject: <subject>". pushover actions on the other hand, always appear as the exact string "send push notification". so i was wondering if it is possible in the plugin code to include some bits of the pushover message parameters instead of just the static string "send push notification"... this makes, all pushover actions look identical and the only way to see the contents is to select it, open it, then hit "Edit Action Settings..." to reveal the actual parameters.

i'm not a plugin developer, but it appears that what is displayed here is the value of the "Name" element and all pushover actions are just using the static string (configured in the plugin's Actions.xml file). can the Name property of an action be updated - for example, when the configuration dialog for the action exits - such that pushover actions behave more like indigo built-in's by exposing a bit more of itself in an action list?

Posted on
Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:10 am
jmdraper offline

I now have the same problem of the pushover plugin having recently stopped working. I've not changed anything with either Indigo or Pushover since it last worked and sending a test message from the pushover website works so not really sure where to look for the issue. Pushover has no record of a message sent by the Indigo app when I send using the plugin now and there are no error messages in the event log to provide any clues.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Page 6 of 15 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 15