LightwaveRF Magnetic Switch Question (JSJSLW904)

Posted on
Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:06 pm
TOPS offline

LightwaveRF Magnetic Switch Question (JSJSLW904)

Hi,

Can anyone steer me in the right direction on how to set up a LightwaveRF Magnetic Switch to fire an alert? I have the LWRF Magnetic Switch (JSJSLW904) fitted to a door when the door is opened it turns on a light thats connected via a LWRF switch and turns it off when closed, what I want is for this action to trigger of an alert, either an Indigo Email or a Push notification via the Beacon Plugin. (i.e., "Door has been opened" "Door has been Closed")

I can get it to work if I switch the light on direct from Indigo but not via the switch or the magnetic switch, this way I get my alerts to trigger, so I think I've set those up correctly.

I look forward to any help, it may be very simple and I'm just missing something, :oops:

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: LightwaveRF Magnetic Switch Question (JSJSLW904)

Is the magnetic switch represented as a separate device in Indigo? If so, just create a trigger for when the device becomes ON.

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved over to the RFXCOM forum where you're likely to get a better answer (I assume you're using an RFXCOM device/plugin to connect the LightwaveRF devices to Indigo).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:36 am
TOPS offline

Hi Jay,

Thanks for your reply (and moving my post) I've tried to pair the magnetic switch with Indigo as a separate device Via the RFX Plugin but can't seem to get it to pair up, I can trigger the alert via the LWRF light-switch but only via the Indigo consul, if I turn the light-switch on at the wall I get no response,

Hopefully someone can help

Dave

Posted on
Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:33 am
durosity offline

How have you got the switch setup in indigo? Can you post a screenshot of the device?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:22 am
TOPS offline

Hi,

I have a standard LWRF Dimmer switch controlling the light, then I paired the magnetic switch with the light switch, so I can turn the light on via the switch or the magnetic switch, I have the standard light switch set up in Indigo as a device but not the magnetic switch....if that makes sense

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:19 am
TOPS offline

Anyone???? Please

Posted on
Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:56 am
TOPS offline

...Ive sorted it...thanks for help received

Posted on
Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:21 am
durosity offline

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, had a horrible couple of days :(.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:07 am
TOPS offline

Sorry to hear that durosity, nothing to serious I hope.

Once I thought outside the box a bit it was pretty straight forward to set up.

If your interested all I done to set the Mag switch up as a device in Indigo was to turn the Debug on in the RFXCOM Plugin, open and close the Mag switch this then gave me the House & Device Codes in the Event Log,I then filled these in in the Indigo Device settings screen and Bingo Indigo now has control of the Mag Switch....I can now set up triggers etc, works like a charm....I guess this will be the same process for LWRF motion detectors etc?

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:21 pm
durosity offline

Yes, but I'd avoid them, they burst output about 3 seconds worth of signals which stops anything else working during that time. Motion sensors are worse as they'll trigger whenever there is any motion.. So you could end up with constant bursts all the time.

(Oh and as for what happened.. the wife's grandfather is in hospital and being a stubborn pain, and we also had to put the family dog to sleep.. she was old though so it's not awful or anything.. just meant a few days of being busy.. i was going to post a screenshot of how it should be setup :) )

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:18 am
TOPS offline

Hi

Thanks for the reply, sorry to hear about the dog and the grandfather......thanks for the advice on the motion detector, could you recommend any other motion detectors to use with Indigo?

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on
Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:13 am
durosity offline

You'd be best investing in Z-Wave ones (i don't have much experience with those, but apparently the Fibaro one is quite good), or possibly connect in your alarm system if it's compatible which is what i do.. each zone is setup in indigo so if there's any movement it shows as open and can then trigger something.

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:24 am
TOPS offline

ok, cheers, Ill look in to it...... :D

Posted on
Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:00 am
howartp offline

Yes, the Fibaro's are good for motion triggering, as well as light and temperature.

You need additional logic to use them for presence detection, but that's probably the same for others as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 1