Google Voice SMS Plugin

Posted on
Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:54 am
mabrown offline

Re: Google Voice SMS Plugin

I'm having issues where the plugin stops pulling in new messages. I can logon to GV and their in the Inbox but the plugin doesn't pull them in until I reload it, it will however still send out messages. Anyone seen that and have a fix? Seems like it started somewhere in 6.1.x releases.

Posted on
Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:37 pm
Dewster35 offline

I'm reloading every hour or so to solve this... not ideal, but it's the best solution I've got right now.

Posted on
Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:33 am
eme jota ce offline

Dewster35 wrote:
I'm reloading every hour or so to solve this... not ideal, but it's the best solution I've got right now.

Reloading works for me, too. I've been reloading every four hours, since August of 2012. No problems.

Another thing I do, is reply to the texts every now and then. Seems that Google (or the plugin) does favor highly one-sided conversations and blocks incoming messages after the Indigo plugin sends me a bunch of messages, with no reply. I have a trigger where texting "status" to the Indigo plugin sends back a few key variables ... and keeps the google texting gods happy.

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:48 pm
arskrett offline

Quick question, how do you reload the plugin every hr?

Thanks

Posted on
Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:25 pm
Dewster35 offline

Search back several pages in this forum and you'll find the code.

Posted on
Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:05 pm
jltnol offline

Hey guys

GoogleSMS was working just fine.. then I did a few re-starts on the computer running Indigo, and am not stuck with the same thing in the event log every 10 seconds

Google Voice SMS Logging in to your Google Voice account.
Google Voice SMS Unable to login. Please verify your e-mail/password in the plugin preferences
Google Voice SMS Error plugin runConcurrentThread function returned or failed (will attempt again in 10 seconds)

I USED to know how to fix this.. . I'm guessing I'll have to break down and delete the device associated with the plugin, but that will mean re-authoring lots of stuff.. :(

In the plug in, I've purposely changed the email address and the password to the WRONG ONE, and then back to the RIGHT ONE in hopes of getting it to work... but... nada.

For the moment, I've disabled the plug...

Any suggestions ?

Posted on
Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:05 am
Dewster35 offline

Unfortunately, this happens from time to time for me too. Just make sure you've got the proper sign in credentials and ride it out until it self corrects.

Posted on
Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:39 am
eme jota ce offline

I'm seeing the same error, today.

Checked login credentials, disabled / enabled the plugin, restarted Indigo server .... No change, error continues.

Also logged into the google account using the same credentials and sent an SMS via the web interface.

Posted on
Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:19 pm
colovin offline

Has the latest security update broken this plug in? Has been working fine, upon rebooting after the latest security update , I'm getting the unable to login dialog. Like the previous post I can log in just fine from Safari so all credentials are valid.

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:24 pm
joekewe offline

Broken here too, despite daily login script.

Posted on
Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:39 pm
Dewster35 offline

I can think of at least 2 other times it did this since I've installed it. It did eventually correct itself somehow.

Posted on
Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:13 pm
hamw offline

broken here too. I seem to remember a white knight in the form of a coding lady named "ddollar" fixed it the last time. I sent "Girls who code" a donation for her efforts. Maybe a fix similar to this is possible?

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=7438&p=71524&hilit=ddollar#p71506

Posted on
Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:34 pm
Dewster35 offline

Dammit I am getting too old! That is how it corrected itself :oops:

hamw wrote:
broken here too. I seem to remember a white knight in the form of a coding lady named "ddollar" fixed it the last time. I sent "Girls who code" a donation for her efforts. Maybe a fix similar to this is possible?

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=7438&p=71524&hilit=ddollar#p71506

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:27 pm
jltnol offline

OK

So I understand about changing the the line and how to do it... but can't find anything on what I think is line 74 that is even close to this code.

Would it be possible for someone to fill me in on what the old line was, and/or upload just the plugin.py file?

Posted on
Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:52 pm
zachhcaz offline

All, Same issue here and from what I understand it is a similar issue as before but different this go around. Is that correct or have others gotten this one line of code to resolve their issue? I found it in my voice.py and it was identical to the other line shown in the forum.