Heos by Denon

Forum rules

Questions about hardware that can be controlled by Indigo (but not through the interfaces and plugins listed). If Indigo doesn't support some bit of hardware you're interested in, and you don't find a 3rd Party Plugin for it, add it to this forum. Be sure to include links to as much information as you can find about it.

Note: adding it here does not mean we're going to add it - in fact it's possible one of our 3rd party developers may decide to write a plugin for it. We add hardware/features based on a lot of different factors beyond just having a request for it.

Posted on
Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:35 am
peppop offline

Heos by Denon

Is anybody working on a plug-in to control Heos, it's becoming extremely popular, and it's better then Sonos. I would be very interested in this plug-in.

Posted on
Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:35 am
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Heos by Denon

How is it better than Sonos? I've got one Play:1 device now, but I'm going to need several Connect or Connect:Amp devices for the new house and I'm interested in alternatives.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Tue Oct 06, 2015 8:45 am
autolog offline

Seems that an API isn't yet available - see USING AN IP BASED CONTROL SYSTEM WITH MY HEOS SYSTEM

This could make it a bit problematic to control from Indigo? :)

Posted on
Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:10 pm
Turribeach offline

Never trust a company that promises to release a feature after the product has been released.

Posted on
Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:07 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Turribeach wrote:
Never trust a company that promises to release a feature after the product has been released.

+1 - this is exactly why we don't pre-announce features unless we're absolutely positive it's coming (as in, already working in some form in our dev environment), and often times not even then. It's extremely difficult to recover from broken promises (under deliver) and win back trust.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2015 3:58 am
Shutter offline

Turribeach wrote:

No kidding. At one point I was seriously considering the Fibaro Home Centre Lite, before I knew ay better, as I liked the idea of the GSM and battery backup modules they planned to release. Over a year later and I still don't think they've been released. Don't care now as I'm using Indigo.

Posted on
Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:08 am
ac4lt offline

jay (support) wrote:

+1 - this is exactly why we don't pre-announce features unless we're absolutely positive it's coming (as in, already working in some form in our dev environment), and often times not even then. It's extremely difficult to recover from broken promises (under deliver) and win back trust.

This is why I'm in the process of moving from SmartThings to Indigo. The number of "coming soon" promises that haven't materialized is staggering.

Posted on
Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:25 am
freshwuzhere offline

You guys seen this? It's not your classic IP protocol but looks quite programmable.

I have a Heos 7 and their sounds bar (and sub) - and when you hook them together they sounds REALLY good!

http://www.eurostar-ostrava.cz/files/01.2015_HEOS---CLI_PROTOCOL_V01.pdf

I'll try this out and check it works - and maybe consider writing a plugin.

Posted on
Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:42 pm
freshwuzhere offline

I tried this and it worked like a charm....... :-

Code: Select all
import json
import telnetlib

host = '192.168.1.34'
my_port = '1255'

tn = telnetlib.Telnet(host,my_port)

tn.write('heos://player/get_players\r\n')
my_file = tn.read_until('\n')

print(str(my_file))

j_file = json.loads(my_file)
print(str(j_file))

Posted on
Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:45 am
peppop offline

Let me know if you ever make this plug-in I would really be interested in it.
Heos is proving to be a much better system than anything else out there, the sound is incredible, and they have Heos Drive with 4 zones.
sonos sucks.

Page 1 of 1