Feature Requests

Posted on
Mon May 04, 2015 7:26 am
RogueProeliator offline

Re: Feature Requests

Would it be possible to implement scrolling text in DomoPad?

I'll add it to my request list -- in general I am trying to avoid doing anything too off-the-wall that will be difficult for Matt/Jay to implement on their end. Not that they are cuing off DomoPad, but because if I add something kind of "hacky" it may not properly show in Indigo Touch 2 or the web interface OR it may have to be completely ripped out and redone in another way to support how they accomplish it in the future.

The scrolling or auto-expanding text, though, may be possible since they have mentioned it as being on their request list. I'm sure a temporary "flag" could be established that is easily changed over to an official method should they implement it later. But I'll need to think about it as I would imagine it would be best to have the solution work for both variables and device states as text - both of which could potentially go behind the set bounds.

Since you are asking about scrolling, I assume you are specifically asking for scrolling as opposed to automatic expanding / increasing the size of the text area?

Posted on
Mon May 04, 2015 8:03 am
lochnesz offline

Hi,

Yes, I would need scrolling. The reason is that I have very limited space to present the text, and automatic resize would make the text unreadable, and automatic expanding / increasing the size of the text area wouldn't make the text fit.

Many thanks!

Peter

Posted on
Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:49 pm
virgahyatt offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
1. Auto-Start on a control page

Currently you can accomplish going straight to a control page via a home screen widget that launches straight to a control page. I do want to figure out how to launch that upon boot, but I am not 100% sure I can do that without root or a custom Android build. I will indeed look into this possibility, though.

Adam

I have been trying to figure out how to do this but can't find an option for it anywhere. Could you please explain? Thank you so much, love the plugin!!

Posted on
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:16 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I have been trying to figure out how to do this but can't find an option for it anywhere. Could you please explain? Thank you so much, love the plugin!!

On your home screen, go to Add a Widget and find the DP Control Page widget (or something similarly named, I forget the exact wording). Once you place that on the home screen it will open up a configuration screen that allows you to select which control page will be launched upon click (and allow you to change the name/caption).

Adam

Posted on
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:23 pm
virgahyatt offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

On your home screen, go to Add a Widget and find the DP Control Page widget (or something similarly named, I forget the exact wording). Once you place that on the home screen it will open up a configuration screen that allows you to select which control page will be launched upon click (and allow you to change the name/caption).

Adam

Thanks!! Worked beautifully. Now just to figure out how to auto-launch it on boot. :)

Posted on
Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:50 pm
andarv offline

Great app and plugin, I hope you get some reward for your work.

If I would wish for something it would be the possibility to activate buttons from notifications inside the app as well. Otherwise the times span is abit to short. Or I'm missing something?

Skickat från min HTC One_M8 via Tapatalk

Posted on
Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:18 pm
RogueProeliator offline

If I would wish for something it would be the possibility to activate buttons from notifications inside the app as well. Otherwise the times span is abit to short. Or I'm missing something?

I assume that you mean from the notifications list inside the app? I have plans to add in the action buttons to that list if they are not acted upon in the notification shade... though in the normal course of things, the action notifications shouldn't go away on their own unless you manually dismiss them (swipe instead of clicking a button) or reboot I don't believe. At any rate, yes, I do plan on adding that functionality! Glad you are enjoying it!

Adam

Posted on
Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:40 am
andarv offline

You're right, my bad. It's just that the buttons is hidden in the notification. I didn't know that I could swipe down to see them again....

That solves my request, though it wouldn't hurt to have it in the app as well.

Skickat från min HTC One_M8 via Tapatalk

Posted on
Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:21 pm
hamw offline

Adam, thanks for your great work! I own no android devices at the moment but am truly intrigued with the additional capabilities DomoPad seems to offer.

Roussell wrote:
It would be really cool if the Indigo Server plugin knew the current page and could specify specific pages on specific clients to display. Then the above request (plus oh so much more) could be orchestrated from Indigo triggers & schedules

I probably misunderstood this comment, but is DomoPad currently capable of displaying certain sets of control pages on some devices and not others? With Indigotouch all devices display all control pages. I run so many things on Indigo that I would not want accessed by visitors, for instance the alarm, water valves and certain lights and so only run Indigotouch on my wife's and my phones, and her password protected iPad. It would be super to have a restricted set of control page set option for "public area" kiosk units.

Ham

Posted on
Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:27 am
hamw offline

DomoPad Android Client v0.8.14
DomoPad v0.8.14 has been released. A highlight of the changes:

Added RTSP support for new DomoPad plugin device and control page links (update the Indigo Plugin client to take full advantage of this)
Added additional device icons for certain sensor devices
Improved speed of lists throughout application (devices, actions, etc.)
Change network discovery (Bonjour discovery) to make it more efficient
Added setting to allow turning off the automatic home/away switc

viewtopic.php?f=73&t=11536&p=91413&hilit=rtsp#p91413

Looking at the above announcement, it seems HousePad supports RTSP camera streams for refreshing URL control pages? I bought a doorbell camera which, even though I asked if it interfaced with home automation systems and was told yes, only sends RTSP and has no HTTP syntax at all. I am able to use it with Sighthound without a problem, but it throws errors on my Indigo Touch camera control pages.

Matt and Jay, if you all read this, have I overlooked something and RTSP can be viewed on a refreshing URL page? Is it possible to incorporate RTSP into a future release?

Thanks,

Ham

Posted on
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:30 pm
RogueProeliator offline

I probably misunderstood this comment, but is DomoPad currently capable of displaying certain sets of control pages on some devices and not others? With Indigotouch all devices display all control pages. I run so many things on Indigo that I would not want accessed by visitors, for instance the alarm, water valves and certain lights and so only run Indigotouch on my wife's and my phones, and her password protected iPad. It would be super to have a restricted set of control page set option for "public area" kiosk units.

I am in the design phase for this feature... it will pretty much act as you describe. I won't really be doing any user permissions as that would need to come from Indigo, but the plan is to allow you to select a "start" control page. DomoPad will only show this control page (and any navigations YOU setup) on that device. There will be some method to "break out" of those - via a PIN code or password or something.

Thus, it accomplishes what you are asking - as long as you don't put a link to a control page that you don't want visible/seen.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:40 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Looking at the above announcement, it seems HousePad supports RTSP camera streams for refreshing URL control pages? I bought a doorbell camera which, even though I asked if it interfaced with home automation systems and was told yes, only sends RTSP and has no HTTP syntax at all. I am able to use it with Sighthound without a problem, but it throws errors on my Indigo Touch camera control pages.

It won't show the video directly on a control page -- since the control page editor doesn't have a method for specifying video I am unwilling to "hack" something into existence -- but you can have a device that shows the video from the Devices list OR you can put an "external URL" on the control page. If you point to a URL that starts with rtsp:// then DomoPad knows to intercept it and show the video directly.

Adam

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:18 pm
DaveL17 offline

Feature Request from SWMBO:

If you are on a folder view and sleep the phone--it will wake on the last view.
If you are on a folder view, then go to another app, and then sleep the phone--when you return to DomoPad, it will go to the default view.
The settings allow for default view of the Home Dashboard, Devices List or Control Page.

Would it be possible to add "Last View" as a default view? Alternatively, could you explain if this is somehow already possible?

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:05 pm
RogueProeliator offline

If you are on a folder view and sleep the phone--it will wake on the last view.
If you are on a folder view, then go to another app, and then sleep the phone--when you return to DomoPad, it will go to the default view.

That's not quite accurate -- the application will always return to the last view unless the operating system has shut it down... at that point, from Domotics Pad's point of view, the application is starting up for the first time. I think the phone is probably being super over aggressive in tearing down the application when it is relegated to the background.

Example: I just switched apps, went and downloaded updates, went to another app, slept the phone. Upon waking it back up and returning to Domotics Pad, I was at the same sub folder under Devices.

There isn't an easy way that I can think of for me to make a change to restore the state off-hand, but let me think when I am less tired, I might be missing something. Tracking the last one isn't bad, it is restoring because the restoration could be multiple levels deep and the app isn't really setup (as it is now) to go directly to the deeper view.

Adam

Posted on
Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:57 am
DaveL17 offline

RogueProeliator wrote:
That's not quite accurate -- the application will always return to the last view unless the operating system has shut it down... at that point, from Domotics Pad's point of view, the application is starting up for the first time. I think the phone is probably being super over aggressive in tearing down the application when it is relegated to the background.

That makes a lot of sense and I suspected as much. Is there perhaps a setting deep within Android to say, "Don't tear down this particular app unless I tell you to?"

Thanks brother.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]