Construction question about Timers and Pesters

Posted on
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:57 pm
zurich offline

Construction question about Timers and Pesters

Greetings,

I am hoping you could be so kind as to help me understand your idea behind building the subject plugin. I like to look at the construction of plugins to see how they are builded to help me in my knowledge of Python. Please excuse my poor technical english.

Can you tell me why you choosed to use the Timers class and Pesters class as nested classes or am I mistake here?

I looked at the code many hours but I cannot see how you call a method or variable in the Pester or Timer class from the Plugin class. I see for example pester.decrement() is called from the runConcurrentThread and pester.isDone also but pester is not capitalized like the class Pester() itself. How you do this please?

I hope I do not trouble you greatly with my questions.

Thanks to you,

Z

Posted on
Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:02 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Re: Construction question about Timers and Pesters

Lower case "pester" is an instance of upper case Class Pester. It's created by "pester = Pester()". So to call an instance method you do pester.decrement(). That's similar to doing something like decrement(pester) in a non-object world.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:29 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Construction question about Timers and Pesters

There are a lot of Python tutorials out on the net - I highly recommend working your way through them to get a feel for the language. It's a very rich language with great abstractions so doing a couple of the intro tutorials should give you a great start.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1