[ANSWERED]some timer dependencies not shown in indigo interf

Posted on
Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:51 pm
dduff617 offline

[ANSWERED]some timer dependencies not shown in indigo interf

i am using a timer to warn of low battery or lost contact with a water detector. trigger a resets the timer when the heartbeat signal is received. trigger b sends a dead-sensor warning (e-mail) if the timer ever expires.

if i right-click the timer "device", and click show dependencies, i see a dependency on trigger a, but not on trigger b. unless i'm missing something, this seems like a minor indigo bug.

btw, i find that the ability to see dependencies useful since it helps deal with the proliferation of entities in the Indigo Object Model layer that are sometimes necessary to accomplish basic automation tasks. as a workaround, i could instead use delayed actions and the "override previous delay" option to achieve similar functionality to that described. this obviates creating an extra virtual device (timer) for each monitored device.

Posted on
Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:30 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: some timer dependencies not shown in indigo interface

Can you describe exactly how your second trigger is defined?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:14 pm
dduff617 offline

trigger has type="timers and pesters event", event="timer expired". in the event settings sub-dialog, timer=<the original timer device>.
condition is "always"
action has type="send email"

i hope that covers what you were asking.

Posted on
Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:07 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Sorry, apparently I missed this one. Unfortunately, plugin actions and events don't have the ability to tell the server about dependencies - so since it's a timer event there's no way the server knows about that dependency. We hope to continue to improve dependency checks in future versions.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1