SQL Logger poll

How do you use the SQL Logger plugin?

Posted on
Sun Jun 05, 2022 3:16 am
Turribeach offline

Re: SQL Logger poll

Just found this post which says v14 is not supported due to protocal changes and incompatibility with the library Indigo uses. Is this still the case? Thanks

Posted on
Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:29 am
RogueProeliator offline

Just found this post which says v14 is not supported due to protocal changes and incompatibility with the library Indigo uses. Is this still the case? Thanks

I have the SQL Logger about 90% of the way upgraded to Python 3 and a new library which should support that... need to carve out a bit time to get that over the finish line with the one or two remaining issues.

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 10:46 am
Different Computers offline

Seems like this isn't working in v.2022.2

The last captured statuses are from when I shut down 2022.1

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:43 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Check to make sure your SQL Logger configuration settings still look correct (Plugins->SQL Logger->Configure... menu item), and then reload the plugin (via menu item). Presuming it still doesn't work, copy/paste the Event Log window results showing what happens after the reload into a reply for us.

Posted on
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:37 pm
Different Computers offline

Haven't touched this plugin in years, so no idea what the correct config is.

But here's what mine looks like.

DB type: SQLite
SQLite file: indigo_history.sqlite

Device state history checked

Change states only NOT checked

The other options don't seem related, but I did turn on Show debug logging. Nothing's appearing in the Indigo log, but maybe that's not where it would show. Whoops! I reloaded the plugin and instantly saw huge debug messages showing up--but all green.

However, the variables still have the old messages from 2022.1

I also have two possibly related variables I don't recall creating "SQLLineOutput" and SQLValueOutput". both are empty.

OK, I'm starting to see what might be the issue. Looks like the web server logging for errors uses different syntax that no longer matches my search string. I'm changing that and we'll see if the trigger works. (it used to say "size too large" and now says "too large".

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.