Postgres 14 protocol errors

Posted on
Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:28 pm
DPattee offline

Postgres 14 protocol errors

I accidentally upgraded from postgres 13.5 to 14, thanks to setting up docker Watchtower (automatic container upgrader) without really thinking about the ramifications...

After getting the old data sorted out so it could be used in v14, I started indigo 2021.1.1's sqllogger plugin up again so I could start getting new data but:

Code: Select all
   SQL Logger Error                reconnect attempt scheduled in 5 seconds
   SQL Logger Error                exception trying to connect or create database indigo_history on mausoleum.valhalla:5500
   SQL Logger Error                FATAL:  unsupported frontend protocol 2.0: server supports 3.0 to 3.0

Every 5 seconds it fails to connect with that frontend protocol error.

Posted on
Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:27 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Postgres 14 protocol errors

Unfortunately, the python library Indigo uses in SQL Logger plugin only supports the very old frontend protocol 2.0. I've added to our request list to find a replacement library (which supports the 3.0 version protocol) and integrate it into the plugin, but don't have an ETA as to when we'll have that integrated. I don't believe there is a way to get Postgres 14 using the older protocol version, so the only solution would be to revert back to using Postgres 13.5.

Posted on
Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:42 pm
DPattee offline

Re: Postgres 14 protocol errors

Oh noooo

Thanks for checking though :)

Page 1 of 1