PostgreSQL SASL Authentication error

Posted on
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:37 am
harrjca offline

PostgreSQL SASL Authentication error

Hi there,

I am trying to setup SQL Logger to use a local installation of PostgreSQL version 13.2

I have confirmed that the PostgreSQL server is installed and working. I can connect to it from the psql command line.

However, when I enable the SQL Logger in Indigo 7.5, I get the following error in the event log:

SQL Logger Error exception trying to connect or create database indigo_history on 127.0.0.1
SQL Logger Error FATAL: SASL authentication is not supported in protocol version 2

SQL Logger Error reconnect attempt scheduled in 5 seconds

I'm not sure where to go with this. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Posted on
Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:54 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: PostgreSQL SASL Authentication error

I think you need to use a different authentication mode (not SASL/scram). Based on the documentation here the other options are md5 or password. Based on that page the method available depends on how the password is encrypted/hashed:

The availability of the different password-based authentication methods depends on how a user's password on the server is encrypted (or hashed, more accurately). This is controlled by the configuration parameter password_encryption at the time the password is set.

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:30 pm
danieljmorel offline

can someone give instructions on how to change the authentication mode?

Posted on
Thu Jul 01, 2021 6:32 pm
danieljmorel offline

I am getting the following error trying to enable the PostgreSQL database:

SQL Logger Error exception trying to connect or create database indigo_history on 127.0.0.1
SQL Logger Error FATAL: SASL authentication is not supported in protocol version 2

Also, I was not able to get the PostgreSQL to show up in the preferences

Page 1 of 1