iTunes plugin disabling itself

Posted on
Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:50 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: iTunes plugin disabling itself

It's an event in the SQL Logger plugin. You can enable that plugin but not have it write anything to a database. It will monitor the event log for errors and fire triggers when it sees a couple of different types.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:42 pm
Different Computers offline

Events seem like they're covered. It's the "enable" action that I appear to be missing.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:39 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Different Computers wrote:
Events seem like they're covered. It's the "enable" action that I appear to be missing.

https://wiki.indigodomo.com/doku.php?id ... le_actions

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:58 am

Duh! Thank you!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:24 am

Old as this bug is, it still exists. This just happened with Indigo 7.3:
Code: Select all
 iTunes Error                    House Audio Source stopped due to the following error (will attempt to recover in 10 seconds):

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "statusThread.py", line 134, in run
  File "itunes.py", line 59, in iTunesLogin
UnknownError: 'ITunesController.iTunesLogin() Error getting initial cache update: Traceback (most recent call last):\n  File "itunes.py", line 57, in iTunesLogin\n  File "itunes.py", line 181, in updateCache\n  File "dacp.py", line 586, in send_cmd\n  File "dacp.py", line 581, in send_raw\nDACPException: 403 - unknown response status code\n'

iTunes Error                    House Audio Source has an unknown error - disabling

Not for the first time in 7.3 either, though this is the first time I've caught it in the log.

Posted on
Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:39 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

As I pointed out at the top of this topic, not much I can do about that. If iTunes reports a 403 (which is an authentication error), I can't really do anything about it since there IS no authentication other than the pairing process.

BTW, I have no doubt that this plugin will eventually stop working. It's based on super old reverse engineered APIs. Apple still has no published API to control iTunes (or music/video as the case may be). When it does stop working, we most likely won't be able to fix it and we'll likely just deprecate the plugin.

There is the iTunes Local Control plugin in the plugin store that wraps the iTunes AppleScript API in a plugin that will likely suffice for most users, though it does only work with an iTunes instance that runs on the same Mac as the Indigo Server. It does stuff the built-in plugin doesn't do, so you might want to check it out.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:10 am

Thanks!