Pause sometimes Playing

Posted on
Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:17 pm
jltnol offline

Pause sometimes Playing

So I have my desktop iTunes set up as a device in Indigo, and although it's hardly ever on when I leave for work in the morning, nevertheless, my "LEAVE" Action Group puts iTunes into pause, as there are some occasions where it is actually playing.

Today, even though I wasn't listening to it this morning, when I got home it was playing, and had been since I left this morning. The individual command is to PAUSE iTunes(not toggle Play/Pause), but this is the 2nd or 3rd time I've come home to find it's been playing all day.

I can tell from the Event Log all this is happening at the same time as my "Leave" Action Group is running, and the only iTunes command in there is to Pause.....

Really just wondering if anyone else has seen this, and what might be causing this to happen.

Posted on
Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:51 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Pause sometimes Playing

What version of iTunes? There were some previous versions where telling it to pause was in fact just interpreted by iTunes as a toggle (i.e. there was no separate pause command). I can't remember when that was, but it seems like it was quite a long time ago.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:04 pm
jltnol offline

I'm up to date on everything... OS 10.10.x, and iTunes 12.3..., and the latest version if Indigo

And this doesn't happen often... and in the grand scheme of all the things that might go wrong, this is really a non-issue.

My "Leave" Action Group is triggers by a KPL as I walk out the door, so it's not like I'm sitting at the computer and accidentally start iTunes. I have duplicated the "Leave" Action Group, deleted everything except the exact same Pause command... and fired it manually several times... but couldn't get it to start iTunes... No real surprise.

I don't have any commands that START iTunes, but several things that should cause it to Pause if it's playing. I have as a trigger any change in iTunes Status, which then updates the song title, and artist to a Control Page, and those triggers are the things I see in the flurry of events in the Event Log when it does auto - start.

I'm not overly concerned about this... was just more curious to see if anyone else has had this experience.

Posted on
Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:33 pm
Korey offline

I have this same issue, the pause will sometimes play,

I have been trying to weed out the apple scripts as I can, but there is no STOP action available in the plugin.

is it possible to add a STOP action for iTunes as well into the plugin?

I currently use:

Code: Select all
tell application "iTunes"
   stop
end tell

OSX 10.10.5
iTunes 12.2.6.20

Thanks!

--
Korey

Posted on
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:10 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

The reverse engineered API we're using doesn't have stop. I have to say though I've never had an issue with that .

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:51 pm
Monstergerm offline

I am glad I am not the only one with this weird Gremlin. I also have a pause action scheduled for 11 pm at night in case I forget to turn off the Music Server. And from time to time this causes iTunes to start playing instead. A second pause action at 1 am always works as intended.

There is one other unrelated light fixture action running at 11 pm ... not sure this contributes to it.

Page 1 of 1