help me understand please

Posted on
Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:53 pm
Vig offline

help me understand please

I am not sure if I understand the "formatting" properly. If I read it correctly the special formatting needed if action/trigger is desired otherwise standard email would do?
If I make an appt in my calendar and tell it to alert me via email where iCal is polling, shouldn't that just work? Or does the iCal trigger when it sees an invite that was sent to the mailbox it's checking? Neither case works for me, the iCal scans the mailbox but doesn't seem to pick any emails:

iCal Alarm Processor Debug Checking for alerts
iCal Alarm Processor Debug Logging in
iCal Alarm Processor Debug message ids:
iCal Alarm Processor Debug no messages to process
iCal Alarm Processor Debug Logged out
iCal Alarm Processor Debug Next poll in 2 minutes

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:51 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: help me understand please

This plugin watches for the iCal alarm email - it doesn't talk to iCal directly. The date format for your Mac must be set up correctly for this plugin to work. There's also a 3rd party iCal plugin that uses the calendar store directly.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:30 am
Vig offline

jay (support) wrote:
This plugin watches for the iCal alarm email - it doesn't talk to iCal directly. The date format for your Mac must be set up correctly for this plugin to work. There's also a 3rd party iCal plugin that uses the calendar store directly.

Hi Jay, Do you mean I need to manually add a note in the Note section with proper formatting when I create an event in my calendar? All I do now is go to my, say, iClould calendar on my Mac, create a new calendar event, then pick a date/time to send me an email alert. The calendar app automatically sends me the reminder alert email on that date/time with the Subject: Alert - doctor appointment... . Am I missing something?

Posted on
Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:24 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It's explained in the post I referenced above about the date format for your Mac.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:04 pm
Vig offline

jay (support) wrote:
It's explained in the post I referenced above about the date format for your Mac.

I think I am not explaining my issue properly. My question is what email the plugin is actually looking for? Is that an email that is send by the Calendar as a reminder? Who/what originates that email?

Posted on
Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:00 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yes - you set an email alert on an event in iCal and it automatically sends it at the specified time. See the plugin docs for details.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:43 am
Vig offline

jay (support) wrote:
Yes - you set an email alert on an event in iCal and it automatically sends it at the specified time. See the plugin docs for details.

Thanks Jay. Got it working.
Also, I believe in your date/time format example shouldn't be comma between year and time: should be 2014 08:45 PM instead of 2014, 08:45 PM. When I have comma I get an error about formatting.

Posted on
Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:12 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Yep, thanks for the pointer (I've changed it and added it to the troubleshooting section of the plugin docs).

Jay (Indigo Support)

Page 1 of 1