AirFoil & Big Sur

Posted on
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:56 pm
jltnol offline

AirFoil & Big Sur

So I know that Big Sur is not yet approved for Indigo, but I've got an instance of Music running on BigSur and it connects to the Indigo Server running on Catalina thru the iTunes plugin just fine. Everything works as expected.

But Air Foil on Big. Sur, isn't populating speakers back to the Indigo Server The main Air Foil "device" is shown, data for songs etc is populated as expected, but no speakers.... I've got a somewhat complicated audio system... usually running Music from yet a different computer also running Catalina, and everything there works just great, so this Music on Big Sur setup is just for the holidays.

its been so long that don't remember how one adds AirFoil speakers... I seem to remember that was done automatically... but in this case... with Indigo Server on Catalina, and Airfoil on BigSur, speakers aren't being populated....

Posted on
Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:33 pm
jltnol offline

Re: AirFoil & Big Sur

AND JUST LIKE THAT...

now is working.

Speakers ARE populated back in Indigo.

Posted on
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:38 am
Different Computers online

Re: AirFoil & Big Sur

I notice on the vendor site that there's no big banner saying "STEREO PAIRED HOMEPODS NOW SUPPORTED!!" so I'm guessing the still haven't cracked that one. But if you have other evidence, I would sure love to know about it!

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1