Help translating Airfoil to Airfoil Pro routine

Posted on
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:08 pm
colovin offline

Help translating Airfoil to Airfoil Pro routine

I haven’t been able to update to 7.2.0 because it breaks the Airfoil plug in which I use daily to make announcements on my computer and to a remote speaker on the other side of the house. For some reason I just haven’t been able to wrap my mind around Airfoil Pro, I just can’t figure it out. It seems to complicate what is a simple process with Airfoil. I know it’s suppose to do a lot more but Airfoil does everything I need simply so I guess I’m a simpleton :-) But it’s keeping me at 7.1.1. I’m hoping that some one can translate one of my Airfoil routines into a Airfoil Pro routine so maybe I can see the light and do the rest of my routines in Airfoil Pro.

This is a trigger for a announcing temperature of 90 degrees first on the computer than on a remote speaker

airfoil: change audio source to indigoserver
execute embedded apple script

tell application "Play Sound" to play "Ultimate:Library:Application Support:Perceptive Automation:Indigo Server:Sound_Files:Weather:Temp90.aif"

airfoil: change audio source to play sound
execute embedded apple script

tell application "Play Sound" to play "Ultimate:Library:Application Support:Perceptive Automation:Indigo Server:Sound_Files:Weather:Temp90.aif"

set variable Temp90 to true
insert timestamp into variable: timetemp90

The first instance is playing a voice saying, "The Temperature is 90 degrees" on the computer, then it changes to and plays the message on the remote speaker. This is about as complicated as it gets. If anyone could translate this into Airfoil pro it might help me understand it.

An interesting note. I live in the desert. It's only played a few times but when the temp hits 115 the voice says "The Temperature is 115 degrees, Holly S##t" :-)

Thanks

Indigo 7.1.1, OS 10.14.6, MacMini .3.2 GHz 6 Intel Core i7, 64 GB ram

Posted on
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:40 pm
howartp offline

Re: Help translating Airfoil to Airfoil Pro routine

I’m not at my Mac, but Pro has speaker groups so why not just play it to both speakers at same time?

Are they the only speakers you have? If so, just connect them all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Help translating Airfoil to Airfoil Pro routine

Unfortunately I can't really follow what you're describing above given it looks like a mix of applescript and just textual description. A few points about the Airfoil Pro plugin:

1. To trigger off of a source change, you do a device state change on the Airfoil instance's Source Name state.
  2. To change the source, use the Change Source instance action.
  3. The AppleScripts that talk to PlaySound will continue to work since they don't target the IndigoServer. I'm not sure that the PlaySound app is really necessary but because I don't understand what you currently have I can't say for sure.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1