Server mod doesn't work with Indigo Touch

Posted on
Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:27 am
jsmorris offline

Server mod doesn't work with Indigo Touch

Some time back, I made a mod to _pageelem.html (added #if... after line 89) in Indigo 3 to allow embedding custom HTML in a control page item's captionName by omitting entityEncoding if the first character of the captionName was "<" (e.g. with an opening <div> tag). The same change works fine on Indigo 4 when a control page is viewed on a web browser.

However, on Indigo Touch the same control page is rendered without having executed my mod (i.e. entityEncoding has occurred and the name is not seen as HTML, but as plain text). Does the Touch app use a conventional HTML page and is it generated separately in the server from the web browser web page? Is there any obvious reason why this approach will not work with Touch? If not, is the server code user-modifiable and can you give me a clue where to find the right module? I spent a fair amount of time looking without success.

I'm using 4.0.0 b5 for both server and client.

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted on
Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:26 am
bschollnick2 offline

(No subject)

My understanding is that the Indigo Touch application communicates directly with the server application, not with the Indigo Web Server.

So currently HTML based plugins (eg Indigo Remote Event Log Viewer, Device List, etc) or anything else that works exclusively through the web server will not work with Indigo Touch....

If I try to activate a HTML based plugin, Indigo Touch just returns directly to the menu or control page that it was on...

It would be nice if Indigo touch either started an embedded Safari or started Safari with the HTML page's location, but....

- Ben

Posted on
Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:48 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Indigo Touch does not render control pages via HTML (in fact, the server doesn't store it as HTML - rather, the IWS converts the internal representation to HTML). There are several bugs in the UIWebView which we couldn't overcome, so we don't use it. We're really hoping Apple fixes those so we can get plugins and custom mods to work, but we're not holding our collective breaths.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:53 am
jsmorris offline

(No subject)

Obviously not what I hoped to hear, but at least now I know. Thanks Ben and Jay.

Jeff

Page 1 of 1