Custom Buttons & Actions

Posted on
Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:38 am
HFTobeason offline

Custom Buttons & Actions

I have searched, but have not been able to find an answer on the Forum...

I have a custom thermostat control page that has three buttons (among others) to indicate the MODE of my thermostats - OFF, COOL, and HEAT. I would like to be able to click on COOL, for example, and have the button change from its default state to a WAITING state (yellow, while the script waits for confirmation from the thermostat), and then to an ACTIVE state (blue, indicating that the thermostat has responded).

So, first, I need to understand how to use three different images for the button (white, yellow, and blue). And second, how to control when those states appear via Applescript.

Any help much appreciated. Thank you.

Posted on
Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:03 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Custom Buttons & Actions

Is this the Venstar thermostat with the INSTEON adapter? Are you having problems with it working reliably?

Indigo currently only supports toggling between 2 different images based on a Device state or a Variable value. Because what you are describing involved 3 different images, it would require modifying the Python IndigoWebServer files to accomplish. An example of how to show more than 2 images is discussed on this thread. In that thread it is showing different images based on a Device's brightness value. But you could use the same type of logic to have it show different images based on an Indigo Variable value. You would then have to use AppleScript to set the Indigo variable value based on what you are trying to accomplish (waiting for the thermostat acknowledgment). I'm not entirely sure that is possible.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:03 am
HFTobeason offline

(No subject)

Matt -

Thanks for your reply. No, it's not the Venstar. It's six MST-1 XCI Serial-Stats communicating through Serial Bridge and a custom Applescript. I have a control page that has been working reliably (enough) for a couple years, but I'm trying to make it a little prettier. I saw the thread you referenced - but it feels a little out of my comfort zone. Maybe I'll give it a shot...

Hans

Page 1 of 1