Can I expose specific control pages to the public?

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:09 pm
bobeast offline

Can I expose specific control pages to the public?

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered. I have an iPhone formatted control page which displays data gathered from my weather station.

I would like to expose this page to my neighbors, but of course don't wish for them to be able to open my garage door, turn on the spa, etc.

Is there a way to expose specific pages to the public without opening up the entire server? If not, can there be?

Choose to chance the rapids.
Dare to dance the tide.

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:35 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Can I expose specific control pages to the public?

Currently, this isn't possible. But I agree it would be nice. :-)

Matt

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:08 pm
macpro offline

(No subject)

What you can do is make a public webpage that incorporates the control page you want to expose. This will hide the URL from the control page, although someone who looks at the source of the webpage will of course be able to see it.

Posted on
Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:42 pm
bobeast offline

(No subject)

macpro wrote:
What you can do is make a public webpage that incorporates the control page you want to expose. This will hide the URL from the control page, although someone who looks at the source of the webpage will of course be able to see it.

Yeah, I considered that, but am concerned with the source view issue. The only other thing that comes to mind is to have the page posted from the server to a public server, maybe with some unix script magic.

Choose to chance the rapids.
Dare to dance the tide.

Page 1 of 1