Pronto Script and Indigo

Posted on
Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:30 pm
bmoraes offline

Pronto Script and Indigo

Has anyone tried to control indigo from a Philips Pronto Remote control using the new Pronto Script features?

As Pronto now communicates with other computers on the network (or even the internet) using pronto script I guess it can be possible, but I don't know how to get started. (There are for example, awesome applications for Pronto to control Slim Servers, it should be similar with Indigo, I guess).

Any thoughts?

Bruno

Posted on
Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:22 pm
jguinn offline

(No subject)

Bruno,
I was just about to post the same message but searched for "Pronto" and found yours.

My Pronto TSU-1000 finally gave up the fight after almost ten years of use. About two years ago I decided to give a Harmony a shot because I did want a few more hard buttons than the 1000 had. After replacing the Harmony (under warranty) twice, I finally just gave up and went back to the Pronto.

Not long ago I stopped by my home theater store to pick up some cables (unadulterated plug for AudioQuest inserted here...) and got to play with a Pronto 9400. I haven't bought one yet, but would certainly be interested in trying to mesh Indigo with ProntoScript.

Have you had any luck finding out if anyone has experimented with this before? I'm not having a tremendous amount of success finding any information about the whole ProntoScript environment (haven't actually bought the remote yet either).

Posted on
Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:37 pm
bmoraes offline

(No subject)

JGuinn,

I was not very lucky finding it out, but I must say I did not try very hard.

It can be done, as it is possible to interact with indigo via XML, but it will require a lot of Javascript programming, so I gave up. I got an IRLinc and although it is not perfect (as there is no feedback back to the remote control) it was enough for me so I did not go into the Javascript thing.

That said, I have the TSU9600 and it is a great remote control!

Posted on
Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:03 am
lombrano offline

we're trying it

Hello,

sorry but I didn't notice your post before. Gareth and me are working on this same issue. See my other post. We'll surely post the results as soon as we have something functional.

Antonio

Page 1 of 1