Modifying Control Pages

Posted on
Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:15 pm
HFTobeason offline

Modifying Control Pages

I am an idiot, I'm sure, but I cannot figure out how to manually modify control pages I have created from within Indigo. For example, I created a new control page called "Security" using the control page editor, which I can access at "http://mydomain:XXXX/controlpage?name=Security". I want to mess with the HTML manually. Where is the file? I've scoured the forum to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Posted on
Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:46 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Modifying Control Pages

All of the HTML pages are generated dynamically (at request time) by the IndigoWebServer. It does this by getting the Control Page data from the IndigoServer and running that data through HTML template files using the Python Cheetah Template engine.

You can edit the HTML templates that are used to build the pages, but note that this will edit all of your Control Pages. It is possible to add conditional edits though. For example, you could add a template conditional to do something different only if the Control Page name is Security.

Here are the main template files used during the construction of a Control Page:
Code: Select all
/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2/IndigoWebServer/templates/controlpage.html

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2/IndigoWebServer/templates/_pageelemlist.html

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2/IndigoWebServer/templates/_pageelem.html

If you change these templates, then be sure and make backup copies of your changes. It is possible that future Indigo installs will overwrite your changes.

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1