Hide Scrollbars?

Posted on
Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:05 pm
pslade offline

Hide Scrollbars?

Hi,

I am displaying the control page inside of a small safari window and would like to prevent scollbars from appearing. I am noticing that if I use a small safari window that is larger in width than the control area it will still display horizontal scrollbars. I have tried a few things that I have seen in this forum such as: <body scrolling=no... and <body scroll="no"... and played with the css overflow tags, but I am not able to prevent the horizontal scroll bar from appearing. Can anyone please suggest some other things I can try?

Thanks in advance!

Pete.

Posted on
Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:49 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Hide Scrollbars?

Hi Pete,

Try using JavaScript like this from the parent page that opens the Control Page:
Code: Select all
<div onclick="window.open('controlpage','HideScrollBarsPage', 'scrollbars=no,menubar=no,height=680,width=800,resizable=yes,toolbar=no,location=no,status=no,alwaysRaised=yes');">
    <a href="controlpage">Open Control Page</a>
</div>

Matt

Posted on
Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:12 pm
pslade offline

(No subject)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the code you sent won't work for me as it creates a new window, and I need to display the control within a webview control in a cocoa application I have been putting together.

Page 1 of 1