Capturing HomeKit Notifications

Posted on
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:34 am
c64 offline

Capturing HomeKit Notifications

Can anyone think of a clever way to capture the Apple HomeKit notifications, so that I could process them in Indigo? I have a CircleView camera which uses the HomeKit facial recognition (which is great because of its simplicity), and I would love to be able to do something further with the notifications that HomeKit sends me. An example of the message it sends is "The camera has detected someone who may be Mike". Any ideas?
Attachments
IMG_893CE44F6FE2-1.jpeg
IMG_893CE44F6FE2-1.jpeg (209.79 KiB) Viewed 1992 times

Posted on
Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:11 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Capturing HomeKit Notifications

I don't use HomeKit so forgive my ignorance: is there any other way for HomeKit to send notifications other than through Notification Center? If so, perhaps that could be caught by Indigo. AFAIK, events in Notification Center aren't accessible by 3rd party apps, only by macOS (andiOS/iPadOS) itself.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:30 am
c64 offline

Well unless I'm missing something, in the case of Facial Recognition triggers, the only output from HomeKit is a Notification.

Posted on
Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:39 am
jalves offline

Could that detection be used to trigger another HomeKit action, such as turning on/off a device that Indigo could detect?

Running Indigo 2023.2 on a 24" iMac M1), OS X 14.4
Jeff

Posted on
Fri Oct 01, 2021 10:45 pm
c64 offline

No, this is the current problem with HomeKit Secure Video. It can detect people & faces, but unhelpfully the detection can't be used to automate anything. The only thing it does is send a notification. This is why I'm wondering if there is a way to hijack the Notifications.

Posted on
Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:15 am
durosity offline

Are you wanting it to do anything specific to particular faces, or is it just that you always want a particular trigger to happen when any face is detected? If it’s the latter then you could use the “Occupancy detected” trigger in HomeKit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Page 1 of 1