Restful URL for Thermostat Popup

Posted on
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:31 pm
Mark offline

Restful URL for Thermostat Popup

Is there a way to invoke the Thermostat Popup, say in a new browser window, other than with a control page element? Right now, while viewing a control page in a web browser, I click on a Thermostat control and get a new, small browser window with the various thermostat controls. I want to open that little window/page without first opening a control page and clicking on a control page button.

I use Keyboard Maestro a lot to interface with Indigo, through Restful URLs. And KM can open a URL in a browser. What URL would I call to get that Thermostat Popup?

I might also want to use that same URL as a browser bookmark. Again, to get at the thermostat popup quickly...

Posted on
Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:40 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Restful URL for Thermostat Popup

The URL in the popup window shows you how to do it, just substitute the name with %20 representing spaces:

Code: Select all
http://127.0.0.1:8176/popupdevicepage?name=Name%20of%20thermostat&useJS=True

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:10 pm
Mark offline

Re: Restful URL for Thermostat Popup

Thanks Jay. I guess I was looking for the mechanism that also puts the window in a certain spot, at a certain size, and keeps track off it so that subsequent calls for the popup don't create a second small window. I tried to decipher what a control page is doing when you click a popup element, but it's obscured in Javascript (or something else).

No worries. Your solution, along with a little AppleScript to handle the window, works for what I needed...

Page 1 of 1