Flex/Flash client released

Posted on
Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:04 pm
gza offline

Flex/Flash client released

I have finally released my flex/flash client on sourceforge.net.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/coreautomation/

Right now its only the indigo client. The source code is available as well. Please give it 24 hours for the code to replicate to all mirrors if you are having trouble downloading it.

The quick instructions are, place the contents of the bin file under any directory you wish that the indigo web server serves content from. I suggest using Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2/IndigoWebServer/indigoflash and creating a directory of your choice.

The web link would then be http://indigohost:8000/indigoflash/the directory you created/core.html

Of course you don't have to host the client on the same system as indigo. Any web server will work. Password integration requires the indigo server though. If you host it somewhere else then you will have to login each time. You can even run it by launching the swf file from your main computer. Flash player 9 is required.

Please submit any bugs or request in the sourceforge forums so we don't pollute this forum.

Core 0.1.2 is out.

http://www.perceptiveautomation.com/php ... 2695#12695

Thanks again,

Mike
Last edited by gza on Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on
Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:58 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Flex/Flash client released

Mike -

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing this and taking the time to get it on sourceforge.net!

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:37 pm
gza offline

(No subject)

I forgot to mention, first additional developers are welcome. Second so are feature requests. And third any feedback would be helpful.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:26 am
peppop offline

flash

excellent interface, thanks. I can only make it work if i remove the password protection, how do i get it to work with the password? On login, what do you put in the host field?

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:48 am
gza offline

(No subject)

In the host field you would put the ip address of the machine running the indigo server. If you are serving it from indigo then an IP address of 127.0.0.1 would work.

What version of indigo are you using? It only works with 2.x.

It sound like you are trying to run it standalone meaning you are just launching the web page or swf file without severing it from the indigo web server in version 2.0

If that is the case then having an incorrect address in the host field on the login page would just return you to the login screen. I'm guessing that's why you don't think password protection is working.

If you did install it under the indigo web server then you shouldn't be prompted for a user name, host, or password as the values you gave to the login box should be passed to the client and used automatically. Of course this only works with version 2.0 or higher. If you aren't using 2.0 or higher the process would fail and just return you to the login form.

If you are using 2.0, installed it under the indigo web server, and are still having problems I can add some logging to the client to help debug it with your help.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:08 am
dalenis offline

(No subject)

Hi gza,

I'm having problems as well. I'm using dyndns.org to connect to a box at home, I can get to your software but when I click on any of the buttons ie the "Device List" nothing happens.

I have no problems using Indigo Client and some pages that I have put together to connect remotely.

The interface looks great!

Regards,

Dale

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:59 am
tjreo offline

(No subject)

dalenis wrote:
I'm having problems as well. I'm using dyndns.org to connect to a box at home, I can get to your software but when I click on any of the buttons ie the "Device List" nothing happens.

I am having the same problem. Here are the steps I am using:

1) Enter URL into browser.
http://localhost:

2) An authentication window pops up. I enter my Indigo web user name and password. Verification seems to be successful. (This DOES work for my personal control pages.)

3) Your blue authentication page shows up. This should not happen, correct?

4) After entering my credentials and using 127.0.0.1 as the host, the main interface arrives. I can see the demo floorplan that you include. However, the interface seems... empty. The fields at the bottom of the screen (Current Time, Next Trigger Time, Next Sunrise, Next Sunset) are not populated. When clicking on any of the buttons at the top of the interface (Device List, Actions, Variables, Log), nothing happens.

I hope this helps. If you would like me to try anything, please let me know. I am very much looking forward to this interface.

Tony

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:00 am
gza offline

(No subject)

you did everything right. Let me see if I can reproduce it. You should never see the login page the way you have it configured.

If I can't reproduce it then I'll add a debug version so you can send me a log of the communication between client and server.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:23 am
peppop offline

flash

Ok here is where I have it all installed, http://192.168.2.102:8000/indigoflash/core/Core.html
and it is on a remote computer thats running indigo server, 2.09 and im trying to access it from another computer in the home. If i remove the password it works fine, all the devices show up, however, if I activate password it logs in but none of the devices show up. In both cases i leave the host field empty.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:14 pm
gza offline

(No subject)

I fixed it. The username was getting wiped out in another function. Thanks for letting me know.

I posted a new version on sourceforge. core-0.1.1.zip

Let me know if this works for you.

If you are trying to use the client outside of your own network then port 1176 needs to be forwarded to your indigo box. Even though the client is being served by the web server once you sign on all communication is between the client and the indigo server. The web server isn't used. So you need a clear path between you and the indigo box on port 80 to download the client and on 1176 to control anything.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:11 pm
tjreo offline

(No subject)

gza wrote:
I posted a new version on sourceforge. core-0.1.1.zip

Let me know if this works for you.

It appears that this file (core-0.1.1.zip) is not a valid zip file. None of my utilities can open it. I also tried the source-0.1.1.zip file and ran into the same error message.

I am anxious to try this :)

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:37 pm
gza offline

(No subject)

Sourceforge seems to be having all kinds of problems today. I'm working on it.

In fact I don't seem to be able to get anything from sourceforge. They all come down as invaild files. Not just mine.

Want to read something funny. I can download it with Internet explorer. Just not firefox or safari. Go figure that one out. I don't have any control over how sourceforge works. They just host the files and give you the default tools to manage a project. Not much I can do to fix this.

Use this link. Everything but direct links to mirrors seems to be busted at the moment.

http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/coreautomation/core-0.1.1.zip

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:53 pm
tjreo offline

(No subject)

<oops>

This new version (0.1.1) works fine for me.

It briefly shows the login screen and then quickly moves on to the main page.

Other than the typical fine-tuning (like smaller fonts) I am very happy with the interface.

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:17 pm
tigers offline

(No subject)

I'm using 0.1.1 and I'm getting the blue login page as well. Once logged in, all I see is the default stuff and nothing is complete (sunrise, sunset, variables, etc.).

I like where this is headed though. If only flash was on the iphone. ;)

Posted on
Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:21 pm
gza offline

(No subject)

Glad to see that it is working.

I'm going to add CSS style sheet support so you can change the font on the fly. It is setup for a large touch screen at the moment and so the fonts have to be bigger then your finger or you end up selecting more then you want.

If your are having trouble installing the client with the indigo web server you can try the following standalone packages.

You might have to wait for all the mirrors to update.

http://umn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/coreautomation/core-standalone-OSX-0.1.1.zip
http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/coreautomation/core-standalone-Win32-0.1.1.zip

The flash 9 player and client are bundled into one binary. Of course this way you will not be using the web server at all so you need to enter valid username, password, and host address in order to connect. Again if you launch the program on the same machine as indigo then the address should be 127.0.0.1 or localhost or the system name. If you are on a different system then you need the ip address or hostname of the machine indigo is running on.
Last edited by gza on Wed Jul 25, 2007 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.