multiple web servers?

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:36 am
JohnConrader offline

multiple web servers?

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to have multiple web servers that control Indigo. My though is that I could have my internal network web server control everything and then set up another web server (on a different port) that would be external to my firewall. The external server would have a sub-set of controls.

John

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2007 9:15 am
nsosnicki offline

(No subject)

You could proxy everything through Apache and based on the interface, rewrite the URL to, for example, point every external request to a specific control page.

Posted on
Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:19 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

The IndigoWebServer runs as a separate Python process (independent of the IndigoServer itself). You can, in theory, start another version of the IndigoWebServer that listens to a different port number.

Something like this from the Terminal will start another web server on port 8001:

Code: Select all
python /Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2/IndigoWebServer/IndigoWebServer.py -i 1176 -w 8001 -cnd &

The trick would then be to modify this second instance to have restrictions. This would be possible by hacking around with this file:

/Library/Application Support/Perceptive Automation/Indigo 2/IndigoWebServer/indigopy/indigoreqhandler.py

Regards,
Matt

Page 1 of 1