Indigo v2.0 FAQ - All Things Web Related

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:06 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

(No subject)

Cosmuk wrote:
Is there an Easy way of implementing this?

Not an easy way. I plan on adding support from frames to Control Pages (after I get upload support to the PowerLinc V2 done), but in the mean time the only way to do it is to hack the Cheetah template html files. Not necessarily easy to do...

Another approach would be to turn on Apache (Personal Web Sharing) and have it be the main gateway for your pages. Within your Apache HTML file you could have multiple frames, one of which points to the IndigoWebServer. You would then be accessing Apache from your browser, which would indirectly serve the Control Page via the frame.

Regards,
Matt

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:44 am
macpro offline

Re: http://accunet.accuweather.com/wx/accunet/graphics_icons

Cosmuk wrote:
I have the icons in the varibles folder I just don't know how to create the applescript to post them when they are represented in the
(AWWeathericon) varible.

That is why I refered to the tip in the AccuWeather topic.
It shows you what to do to get it working.

Posted on
Thu Feb 08, 2007 1:45 pm
macpro offline

Re: http://accunet.accuweather.com/wx/accunet/graphics_icons

support wrote:
There might be a way to hack around it though by using AppleScript to swap in the image file you want, and then toggle the variable value from false back to true to get the IndigoWebServer to push out the changed file. I'm not sure if that would work or not...

There is another way: I've tried the tip I wrote a while ago myself and it works. But it is a lot of work to get it done.
How to add the AccuWeather Icons to your control page