X10 integration issue.

Posted on
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:28 pm
farberm offline

X10 integration issue.

I am almost free of x10 In my system except for my house alarm system. When the system is armed or disarmed or fire etc, iT is programmed to will send an x10 command. The system worked great so long as I had a Boosterlinc 4827 positioned nearby to increase the signal so that the computer running Indigo received it. I then use the received x10 commands to do some triggering.

The issue I now have is that the Boosterlinc 4827 quit working....and discontinued....not available after doing some searching

So now how do I get the x10 commands to the computer running Indigo.....

Option 1: move the Computer with Indigo close to home alarm controller...Not really practical

Option 2: buy a used Vera Lite for $30 on eBay and connect to old 2412U controller I have. Place the Vera controller near the alarm panel. ( much more reasonable). Then use Vera to convert x10 to Insteon signal or even z wave and have signal rebroadcast. I could also use the Vera bridge plug-in possibly?

Option 3?

Would this work?......

Is there a simpler way?

Posted on
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:36 pm
Korey offline

Re: X10 integration issue.

Apparently these X10 boosters are highly rated.

--
Korey

Posted on
Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:54 am
howartp offline

What alarm do you have?

Option 3 might be rethinking how it tells Indigo.

And option 4 is obviously replace the alarm panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Posted on
Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:01 am
farberm offline

GE Networks. I could install a card that can integrate with HA but that involves also purchasing a serial adapter and global cache connection which would run a total of about $150.

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:49 am
farberm offline

OK , so I programmed an old 2414U (stand alone PLM) to accept the x10 codes. I placed the 2414U near the alarm panel and it receives the x10 codes. The question is I have not seen how to either convert these to insteon commands so they are broadcast out thru the house so my main system can see them?

Posted on
Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:32 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

farberm wrote:
OK , so I programmed an old 2414U (stand alone PLM) to accept the x10 codes. I placed the 2414U near the alarm panel and it receives the x10 codes. The question is I have not seen how to either convert these to insteon commands so they are broadcast out thru the house so my main system can see them?

You mean have the PLC do it? Not possible AFAIK. You'd need Indigo to receive the X10 signal then send out actions to Insteon devices.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1