How to access RF commands from W800RF32

Posted on
Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:04 am
wigglePuppy offline

How to access RF commands from W800RF32

I'm using a W800RF32 with a Tripp-Lite Keyspan adapter to get RF signals from some old X10 DS10A door/window sensors. (I know, newer technology exists, but I have dozens of these laying around already.) I'm seeing the entries below in the Event Log when triggering a test sensor, so I know that part is working. My question is, how do I access this information to be able to process it with Indigo 7.4? I used to use Applescript in my last Indigo installation (v.1!) many years ago, but that's obviously obsolete. Searching through the forums lead me to a few links to the 'switchboard' plugin, but the version I was able to find on github does not seem to be compatible with Indigo 7.4 either. I'm guessing I need to use some Python script? Can anyone point me in the right direction to get these up and running again? Haven't been able to locate anything in the forums or documentation. Thank you!

Received RF security command sensor alert (min delay) (ID 31)
Received RF security command sensor normal (min delay) (ID 31)

Posted on
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:13 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to access RF commands from W800RF32

I'd start by trying the Switchboard plugin discussed here with most current download available here. It will define a new Trigger you can use for the X10 RF Security commands.

You can also take a look at the Indigo SDK download. It includes the Example INSTEON/X10 Listener plugin that defines the x10CommandReceived callback which can be used to process any incoming X10 command. You could tweak that function in the plugin.py file to handle the specific messages you want to trigger off of by calling indigo.actionGroup.execute("some action group") for different action groups you've defined.

Posted on
Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:48 pm
wigglePuppy offline

I'd start by trying the Switchboard plugin discussed here with most current download available here. It will define a new Trigger you can use for the X10 RF Security commands.

FYI - All of the downloads on the page mentioned result in a 404 not found error. You might want to not direct people to a page full of dead links.

Posted on
Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:47 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Unfortunately, if developers don't choose to make their plugins available in the Plugin Store then we can't control the availability of the downloads and we certainly can't continuously monitor the download links they provide. I'd recommend posting in that developer's forum requesting the most recent download links (and encourage him to put this plugin in the Plugin Store).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:34 am
wigglePuppy offline

You can also take a look at the Indigo SDK download. It includes the Example INSTEON/X10 Listener plugin that defines the x10CommandReceived callback which can be used to process any incoming X10 command. You could tweak that function in the plugin.py file to handle the specific messages you want to trigger off of by calling indigo.actionGroup.execute("some action group") for different action groups you've defined.

For anyone who may come across this post later, definitely try the Indigo SDK. It worked perfectly. Thank you.

Posted on
Wed Mar 04, 2020 10:35 am
edwinhout offline

wigglePuppy wrote:
For anyone who may come across this post later, definitely try the Indigo SDK. It worked perfectly. Thank you.

Can you elaborate more on what you changed or have setup to make this work ?
I implemented the plugin but it doesn't do much more for me than outputting some more logging.

How can you distinguish from the different RF signals / ID's.

Posted on
Tue Mar 01, 2022 7:31 am
captcurrent offline

OK I am working with the switchboard developer who is extremely responsive. I installed the 2021.2 sdk to my Indigo 2021.2 Indigo running on Mac OS 12.2.1. I amusing the W800RFUSB. . I don't see ANY x10 traffic in my logs. I trued the example plugin. Still no x 10 traffic
Thoughts

Posted on
Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Stop the Indigo Server and try using a serial Terminal app, like CoolTerm, to connect to the W800 serial port. The W800 uses 4800 baud and no flow control. Do you see anything show up in CoolTerm when your X10 RF modules send commands? And you are using X10 RF (not power line) modules like motion sensors or door/window sensors, right?

Posted on
Fri Mar 04, 2022 4:56 am
captcurrent offline

Thanks for the link. I downloaded and tried and IT show I can connectto the W800RF serial port but no traffic shows. I am using x10 fro Door and Moon sensors. My Mac Min recently died so I had to replace it with a machine running 12.2.1. Monterey. I have had NOTHING but problems with this OS. I was running 7.4 before the machine died and all x10 worked just fine. Since Monterey nada. I feel like technology has passed me by
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 6.27.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-04 at 6.27.55 AM.png (198.85 KiB) Viewed 2333 times

Posted on
Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:05 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

If no traffic is showing in the Terminal app, then I think the W800 is malfunctioning or for some reason the RF commands from your your door/motion sensors aren't being received by it (range / interference / etc.).

Posted on
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:38 am
captcurrent offline

I no of no way to test the W800RF32. It appears in the Mac system profile which I know is no help.. There x10 invite and receiver are the same place they were before my Mac crashed... More and more solutions appear to be buy again

Page 1 of 1