current best support option for ds10a and ms10a

Posted on
Thu May 17, 2018 8:44 am
WagnerOne offline

current best support option for ds10a and ms10a

Hi,

I am wondering what is the best option for supporting the x10 ds10a door sensor and x10 ms10a motion sensor devices.

Right now I continue to use an AppleScript attachment named "ds10a security.scpt" by Benjamin Schollnick, which gets the job done for the ds10a just fine. I have a stack of ms10a devices I don't currently have a means of using. However, I know AppleScript is being deprecated, and I'm wondering if I should be proactively looking toward a different solution to support these devices.

I do use a lot of x10 ms16a motion sensors that are natively supported in Indigo. I interact with those via a W800RF32. They work fine, but since I have a bunch of idle ms10a devices, it'd be nice to use them too.

It looks like Benjamin's later effort, Switchboard, might be the ticket. I read, while it was last updated to work with Indigo v5, it continues to work and be used in current Indigo 7. I guess I'm just looking for opinions to best support the ds10a and ms10a other than "replace the inexpensive, perfectly good, low profile, and reliable x10 devices with something expensive" - I know that's an option. :wink:

Thanks for any/all feedback!
Mike

Posted on
Fri May 18, 2018 10:28 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: current best support option for ds10a and ms10a

WagnerOne wrote:
"replace the inexpensive, perfectly good, low profile, and reliable x10 devices with something expensive"

That sentence is full of YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY statements... ;)

I suspect that the Switchboard plugin will be your best bet.

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to the correct forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri May 18, 2018 11:40 am
WagnerOne offline

jay (support) wrote:
WagnerOne wrote:
"replace the inexpensive, perfectly good, low profile, and reliable x10 devices with something expensive"

That sentence is full of YOUR MILEAGE MAY VARY statements... ;)

I suspect that the Switchboard plugin will be your best bet.

I suppose I should emphasis that statement was exclusively directed at the ds10a and the W800RF32. :D

Can I claim I'm not really using x10 since I'm only using the RF capabilities of the x10 sensors?? :|

Posted on
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:29 am
captcurrent offline

jumping in a bit late, but switchboard works well for me. I have multiple ds10a and ms10a

Page 1 of 1