How to install CM11A

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 9:15 am
johnfdl offline

How to install CM11A

So I found a box of old X10 devices in the basement. Thought I'd see if I could integrate it with Indigo. I wouldn't normally bother, but I have a bunch of those Eagle Eyes motion detectors which I thought could be useful as well as a couple appliance modules.

To be honest, it's been so long, I don't quite remember what all the devices do, but I have a
  • Two CM11A's - I think this is the key interface between the powerline and my computer. So I plugged it into my MacMini which runs the Indigo server and enabled the X10 infterface and selected the CM11A, but get the following error: Each enabled serial interface must be connected to an unique serial port. I can't seem to select any serial port.
  • Two Insteon SignalLinc RF#2442 - not sure what this is
  • Two RR501's - These say Transceiver Modules - I think these relay commands from Powerline to RF but not sure

So I think the CM11A is what I would use to connect to my Indigo Mac, but unsure about ports. Is there a driver I need to install first? I searched google for a CM11a Mac driver, but didn't find one.

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 4:16 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: How to install CM11A

To use a CM11A you need a serial to USB adaptor and you need to install the macOS drivers for said adaptor.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Fri May 26, 2017 4:32 pm
johnfdl offline

Re: How to install CM11A

Thanks. I wasn't sure which serial to USB cable I am using, but I picked a random product's driver and that seemed to work (so far).

Page 1 of 1