PSH02 remote sirens

Posted on
Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:51 pm
CraigM offline

PSH02 remote sirens

Is anyone familiar with X-10 PSH02 remote sirens?

I expected them to work as, ON command = Siren ON, OFF command = Siren OFF, but no that would be logical.

The only way to fire the siren is ON-OFF-ON, but the siren only runs for 3 seconds then stops.

So it seems you would have to send continuous ON-OFF-ON for as long as you want it turned ON, then when the commands stop the siren would turn OFF. Thats 60 commands/minute :!:

Q- If this is the only way, what is the best way to implement that many commands in Indigo?

Q- Is there any way to get this to operate as simple ON & OFF

*Smarthome has the product SH10a PSH02, which states:
The SH10A will sound for as long as the alarm in the security system console sounds, and then shut off a few seconds after you disarm the alarm.

What code is the alarm system sending to make it behave more like an ON & OFF

Posted on
Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:37 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: PSH02 remote sirens

Just speculating here, but I wonder once the siren starts (after initial ON-OFF-ON sequence), if you really need 3 more of those commands to keep it going another 3 seconds, or if just some additional toggle (OFF, ON, OFF, ON, OFF, ON...) is needed. That is, I'm not sure if you really need 60 commands a minute. I suggest you experiment with having Indigo send just toggle commands to it with a delay between each command, and see how long you can have the delay be and still have the siren remain on. Try 1 second delay, then 2, second, then 3 seconds, etc. Actually, instead of a delay, use a repeating Schedule command that repeats ever N seconds (set N to 1, then try 2, etc.). You can then have a Trigger that enables that schedule when you want the siren to start, and disables it when you want it to stop.

Page 1 of 1