[ANSWERED]: CM15A regular crash or reset ...

Posted on
Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:50 pm
rlesperance offline

Hello,

After moving to El Capitan, I was obliged to replace my Keyspan adapter with the CM15A interface. I have a large house all wired with X10 devices. They have been working for years using the Keyspan adaptor. No real issue other than the Keyspan resetting problem after a power failure.

Now that I have moved to the CM15 A interface, I have 2 major issue:

• signals from the CM15A does not go through many of my X10 LM modules even if they are near the interface (there seem to be a difficulty to get the signal to the X10 LM modules, while all my wall transmitters work perfectly as usual)
• the CM15A crashes or resets regularly for no apparent reason

Could someone help me with these problems ... without trying to have me trash everything with ZWave or Insteon devices. As I said, all signals from almost 30 wall transmitters are received perfectly by all the X10 LM modules. The problem is having the CM15A interface to speak with the X10LM modules as they used to work with the Keyspan adapter.

Thanks in advance.

Robert Lespérance

Posted on
Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:28 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: CM15A regular crash or reset ...

Hi Robert,

Try plugging the CM15 into different USB ports, including any external USB hubs you might have. As reported on several other threads on the forum El Capitan has some USB problems on some model Macs, which may be what you are running into.

Posted on
Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:44 am
rlesperance offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: CM15A regular crash or reset ...

Hello Matt,

I tried all other USB ports on the computer and on the hub. Always the same.. I know that my computer has a USB port problem that has to be repaired by Apple. I will accelerate this repair and see if there is any difference.

Thanks for helping.

Robert

Posted on
Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:14 pm
durosity offline

It's probably not relevant to your situation but I've got an issue where my Z-Stick only works if it's plugged into a hub which is then plugged into another hub. Might be worth trying that as well if you can

Computer says no.

Posted on
Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:56 pm
rlesperance offline

Re: [ANSWERED]: CM15A regular crash or reset ...

So here the fix ... After upgrading to El Capitan, I began having problem with my CM11A. I thought I ought to change it for the CM15A, but had the same problem.

After searching the web, I realized that the problem was Apple's new «System Intergrity Protection». I deactivated it (see on the web for how to) and ... voilà. my CM11A was as generous as before. Everything works as usual.

Page 1 of 1