[SOLVED] Scheduling Problems

Posted on
Thu May 22, 2014 4:49 pm
endobel offline

[SOLVED] Scheduling Problems

Hi,
I have had my x-10 active home running well for several years. I purchased an iMac and installed indigo 6. I am using the CM15A interface.
I can manually operate all the x-10 controlled devices. However, the scheduler in indigo 6 is working sporadically at best. Sometimes it will
turn some devices on but not off and vice versa. Other times it alternates with other units, off but not on etc. It is not specific to any particular
x-10 unit or address. I have changed the CM15A interface without any improvement. Tonight, none of the scheduled tasks occurred.
I have searched the help forums but have not found any solutions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is this a interface problem, and if so can you suggest a better interface?
Thanks, Endobel (in a dark house!! :( )

Posted on
Thu May 22, 2014 8:42 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Scheduling Problems!

Hello Endobel,

There could be a few different things going on here. First, open the Event Log window and check to see what is occurring when it fails. Are the Schedules executed and the X10 commands reported sent? Copy/paste any errors you are seeing into a forum post. Are you sure your Mac is awake (not sleeping) when the schedule occurs?

The X10 protocol doesn't acknowledge commands, so once Indigo is told by the CM15 the command was sent, Indigo has to assume it worked even though the command may not have made it to the module.

If the problem is power line noise, then I would expect you to get different (better and/or worse) results by plugging the CM15 into different outlets on different circuits. You can also try plugging a lamp/appliance module directly into the same circuit (via a power strip) as the CM15. If that module consistently works but others do not, then you know the problem is related to power line noise or X10 signal bridging and we can troubleshoot that further.

Page 1 of 1