Locking a X10 device

Posted on
Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:52 am
rlesperance offline

Locking a X10 device

When executing an action group in a schedule, is it possible to lock a device so that the device is not affected by the scheduled event ?

Posted on
Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:33 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Locking a X10 device

I'm confused - just take the device control action for that device out of the action group right?

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:09 pm
rlesperance offline

I understand your interrogation. :shock:

I wanted to know it there was an option to lock a device, in certain cases. That would elimnate the obligation of creating multiple action groups. I thought that that feature already existed.

Sorry.

Posted on
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:56 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

There isn't locking, but you can disable the device (in the Main Window or there is an Action for it in the Actions panel), which will prevent Indigo from sending commands to it or from processing any commands received from it.

Posted on
Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:48 am
rlesperance offline

This is what I am trying to do.

Each morning Indigo turns off all X10 devices from each hose code (A, B, C ... etc ). That initialisation is executed a few times a day to prevent light of being left on. When executing in the morning, I would like to prevent some lights of being turned off. That's why I wanted to know if it is possible to lock a specific device to prevent it of being affected by the execution of the action group at that specific moment.

By the answers, I understand that it is not possible.

Posted on
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:04 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

There definitely isn't a solution if you are using the All Off for House Code XYZ action. That sends a single X10 command that will turn off all modules on the house code, and there is no way to avoid it for some modules on that house code as it is a protocol level command and all modules that are on the house code will respond to it.

Posted on
Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:08 am
rlesperance offline

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1