Device Group efficiency and == vs >=

Posted on
Sat Feb 13, 2021 1:48 pm
tcherna offline

Device Group efficiency and == vs >=

Just playing around with devices groups and they seem great because I don't need triggers to detect the state changes of all the linked devices. Should I be worried about the number of devices I put in a group or the number of groups I have?

One thing I want to do is have a mode where certain lights are set to specific dim levels. >= works to prevent the state from showing on when they are not bright enough, but still stays on when they are too bright (think a movie mode where the lights are dim but not off or bright). I have a work around where I can make a second group with dim values + 1 and make that any light, and then my mode is true when the first group is on and the second is off.

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Device Group efficiency and == vs >=

tcherna wrote:
Just playing around with devices groups and they seem great because I don't need triggers to detect the state changes of all the linked devices. Should I be worried about the number of devices I put in a group or the number of groups I have?

No. Well, I'm not sure why you think you should be worried so I'm assuming you're thinking of performance, in which case the answer is no.

tcherna wrote:
One thing I want to do is have a mode where certain lights are set to specific dim levels. >= works to prevent the state from showing on when they are not bright enough, but still stays on when they are too bright (think a movie mode where the lights are dim but not off or bright). I have a work around where I can make a second group with dim values + 1 and make that any light, and then my mode is true when the first group is on and the second is off.

I'll add that to the feature request list.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1