virtual device issue

Posted on
Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:59 pm
Gangotti offline

virtual device issue

I am having an issue where the virtual devices are showing ON, when I tell them to turn off, the log shows that the device status was changed to off, but the device status on the devices page still shows ON. I just recently upgraded to Indigo 7.1, could there be a bug in the software?

Thanks!

Posted on
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:42 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: virtual device issue

We didn't change anything in device groups. I'd recommend verifying that the groups are configured correctly. I'm assuming they are device groups...

[MODERATOR NOTE] moved to the correct forum.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:58 am
Gangotti offline

Jay, They are virtual On/Off Devices, when the Virtual device turns on it runs an action group that sets a variable to true and when it turns off it runs another action group that sets the same variable to false. when I turn the virtual device on it sets the variables appropriately, in bot the on and off state.however the status of the virtual on/of device does not change on the devices page. With them performing the action correctly, what might I have I done wrong in the configuration? thanks again!

Posted on
Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:11 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

What values are you setting the variable to? Also, make sure that the Supports Status checkbox is selected and the correct variable selected as the Status Variable popup.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1