Status Group for getting status of a virtual device

Posted on
Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:06 pm
rbdubz3 offline

Status Group for getting status of a virtual device

I've been experimenting with the homebridge plug-in for controlling stuff via Siri (my house is all Apple and not yet ready to shell out $ for Amazon Alexa). I am using Indigo Virtual Devices for this purpose, in order to execute scenes which control Osram Lightify color changing bulbs.. I understand the Virtual Device 'Status Variable' and use it to get status for these lights (variable set to true/false). However, I don't quite understand how I can be using the 'Status Group'.. The 'Status Group' will execute an action group.. but does this somehow return a boolean value or is it supposed to set a different indigo variable to true/false. Apologies for not getting it, as I just started digging into the Action Group stuff.. Any examples on the 'Status Group' usage would be helpful

thanks in advance!

I automate because I am lazy :D - My Plugins: https://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=309

Posted on
Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:30 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Status Group for getting status of a virtual device

That group gets called when the "Send Status Request" button is hit or the device is asked to update it's status in some other way. The idea being that something you do in the action group might update the status variable so that the device status will get updated accordingly.

An example might be that you have a script action in the status group that queries some other source and updates the status variable accordingly.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Page 1 of 1