Virtual Devices are not enabled

Posted on
Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:25 am
jeremyjjr offline

Virtual Devices are not enabled

Hi,

I'm running Indigo 6.1.9 on OSX 10.11.5 and I've been using virtual devices for the last couple of years to manage lighting scenes around the house and all has worked perfectly. Without any upgrade to either the Indigo software or OSX, for the last couple of days the virtual devices interface has 'hung', meaning that any request to change the lights in any room fails.

Turning on/off the individual devices directly works as expected, but if the device is in a virtual devices, turning on/off the virtual device makes no change. I opened up the properties of one of the virtual devices to see what was going on and this error was recorded in the log.

Code: Select all
Error (client)                  _setCurrentPluginDeviceType() caught exception: InterfaceError -- interface Virtual Devices is not enabled
  Error (client)                  getConfigUiValuesFromPlugin2() caught exception: InterfaceError -- interface Virtual Devices is not enabled
  Error (client)                  getXmlFromPlugin() caught exception: InterfaceError -- interface Virtual Devices is not enabled
  Error (client)                  runDialogForDevice() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

However, the interface is enabled. When I run a 'reload' on the Virtual Devices interface, it restarts without complaining and things start working again.

This behaviour is very alarming as right now, the lights across the entire house can stop working without notice! Has anyone else seen this behaviour recently?

Jeremy.

Posted on
Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:28 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Virtual Devices are not enabled

What 3rd party plugins are you using? That error can happen when a plugin is hanging up some round trip communications with the server. If you've added any new plugins I'd recommend disabling them and see if the problem persists.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:26 pm
jeremyjjr offline

Hi Jay - thanks for the response on the weekend! So I'm running the following plugins:

mqttGateway
Nest
Netatmo
RFXCOM
SQL Logger
Timers/Pesters
Virtual Devices
WeatherSnoop
Sonos

I've only recently added Sonos (about three weeks ago), but this problem has now occurred twice in the last 48 hours - so I'm a little confused as to which plugin might be the culprit.

Is there any way to track down the offending plugin if it is indeed that that is behind this?

Posted on
Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:47 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

You might check Activity Monitor to see if there are any IndigoPluginHost processes that are using significant CPU. Otherwise, process of elimination unfortunately.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sun Jun 19, 2016 4:33 pm
jeremyjjr offline

Okay - all stable for now. Will keep you updated!

Page 1 of 1