[SOLVED]Error when creating Virtual Device

Posted on
Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:51 pm
Turribeach offline

[SOLVED]Error when creating Virtual Device

Hi,

I am trying to create a new Virtual Device => Device Group but I get the following error when I create it. The device gets created anyway but it's pretty much useless since I get similar errors if I try to Edit Device Settings. A similar error happens when I try to create a Virtual Device => Virtual On/Off Device. Any ideas?

3 Apr 2015 21:48:18
Error (client) _setCurrentPluginDeviceType() caught exception: PacketTargetNotConnectedError -- client target com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.devicecollection not found for message CalcDeviceFunc
Error device "new device" state key onOffState not defined
Error (client) getConfigUiValuesFromPlugin2() caught exception: PacketTargetNotConnectedError -- client target com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.devicecollection not found for message UiGetValues2
Error (client) getXmlFromPlugin() caught exception: PacketTargetNotConnectedError -- client target com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.devicecollection not found for message CallPluginFunc
Error (client) runDialogForDevice() caught exception: NSInvalidArgumentException -- *** -[__NSPlaceholderDictionary initWithObjects:forKeys:count:]: attempt to insert nil object from objects[0]

Posted on
Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:03 pm
kw123 offline

Re: Error when creating Virtual Device

could you post the screen shot where you enter the device parameters.. that would help to diagnose the problem.

Posted on
Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:02 pm
Turribeach offline

Re: Error when creating Virtual Device

The error disappeared after I disabled and re-enabled the Virtual Devices interface. The logs suggests there is a separate process started for Virtual Devices so I am guessing the process was not responding or died. Still it looks like this error should be caught by the software rather than throwing the ones I posted above which make no sense unless you are an Indigo developer.

Page 1 of 1