Error #: Device not found in active map.

Posted on
Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:53 pm
iblis offline

Error #: Device not found in active map.

Hi,

I'm currently working on my DIY alarm system and I just created 9 Virtual Device Groups to use as alarm zones. The various devices used in the groups are:

Fibaro Motion Sensor (FGMS-001)
    Fibaro Door/Window Sensor (FGK-101)
    Fibaro Smoke Sensor (FGSS-001)
    Fibaro Flood Sensor (FGFS-101)
    Everspring Motion Sensor (HSP02)

The Virtual Device Groups are working as expected, but after I created them I get frequent error messages like the ones below.

Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '1348994804' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '333188045' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '1625869575' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '1348994804' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '216234570' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '333188045' not found in active map. Report to support.

The device numbers they are referring to are not in my system.

Any ideas?

Best regards,
Andreas

Posted on
Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:43 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Error #: Device not found in active map.

They did exist at one point - have you deleted any devices lately? Make sure that all the virtual device groups you have defined are still valid. This can happen if you have the virtual device interface disabled when you deleted devices that were in a device group.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:54 pm
iblis offline

Hi Jay,

I did reinstall (exclude, include, sync) two Fibaro door/window sensors that was acting up a couple of days ago, but only one of them are included in the device groups.

I have double checked the device groups and I can't find any problems. They are working as intended, but if some of the sensors get triggered it will give me the error message above.

Posted on
Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:28 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Email your database file to me at support@indigodomo.com.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:37 am
iblis offline

Done.

Best regards,
Andreas

Posted on
Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:20 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

All the devices listed above do exist in your database:

1625869575 - Magnet - Dør - Entre
1348994804 - Magnet - Vindu2 - Kjellerstue
216234570 - Magnet - Vindu3 - Kjellerstue
333188045 - Smoke Sensor - Røykvarsler - Kjellerstue

I'm not sure how the device groups got into the state where it's throwing that error. Send me some of the event log files that contain those errors - perhaps there's something in them that will give me a clue. In the Event Log window, click on the Show Event Logs Folder button and it'll open a Finder window showing the event log files for the past month (by default). Find a couple of the event log files that contain the error and email those to me.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:26 am
welchgregusa offline

Last night I read about and then created two Device Groups: (1) all window (Insteon open-close) and door (Insteon hidden open-close) sensors—27 in total, and (2) all Kwikset door locks (Z-Wave via Vera Bridge plugin)—four in total. This morning each time a door is unlocked/locked or a window/door is opened/closed, I see a series of errors in the log. There were varying numbers of errors issued—sometimes only three errors, sometimes 24 or 25 errors. I can't see any obvious pattern.

I will mail you my database file and a log file (I have had the Device Group and errors for less than a day, so only one).

Thanks.

Posted on
Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Are you using v6.0.20?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:18 am
brian.vanheesch offline

I see this error message every time I copy a device group. For example, I have a group called "All Inside Motion Sensors"; and recently copied it to a new group "All Monitored Motion Sensors" The log file spews the "not found in active map" error.

I find a server reboot usually takes care of it. It would be nice to have an "Optimize Database" option whereby you [Indigo Server) goes through database and purge/cache/reindex/etc.

running 6.0.21 but have seen this error for a year or so.

Posted on
Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:53 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I've duplicated a bunch of different device groups and have never seen this problem. What kind of devices are in your groups - and does it always happen?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Sat May 02, 2015 3:05 pm
brian.vanheesch offline

Basic things. Groups of exterior lights. Groups of interior lights. Practically every room has the following groups:

- "All ____ Lights"
- "Any ____ Lights"
- "Any ____ Motion Sensors"

The then overlay additional groups (e.g.):

- Main Floor Lighting
- Main Floor Motion Sensors
- Main Floor Door Sensors

I also iterate the device groups in python:

Code: Select all
vdg=indigo.devices["Some Virtual Device Group"]

for child in vdg.globalProps["com.perceptiveautomation.indigoplugin.devicecollection"]["deviceList"]:
   module=indigo.devices[int(child)]
   ### PROCESS MODULE

Today I have 67 device groups in use (with an additional 191 devices).

bvh

Posted on
Tue May 05, 2015 10:49 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

One thing you'll definitely want to do is to put everything inside the for loop in a try/catch. I don't know how often or under what circumstances the script is called, but if it gets called while the group is being modified (created, edited, deleted, or a device in some groups is being deleted) then you might get some odd results when trying to get a device that's somehow in flux.

Also, you seem to imply that you have groups that contain other groups. This may be a problem, particularly if the same device is represented in various levels of embedded groups. I don't recommend putting a group into another group given the complexity in managing a device being in multiple groups that are embedded - that may be the cause of at least some of the errors you're seeing if that's the case.

There should be no need for any kind of extra optimization - the interface handles it automatically. However, some device CRUD (create, update, delete) operations are complex and non-atomic.

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:33 am
roquej offline

I am having the same issue:

Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '174689379' not found in active map. Report to support.

Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '174689379' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '12257305' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '1098513695' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '638800034' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '518880196' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '1363895387' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '12257305' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '1098513695' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '638800034' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '518880196' not found in active map. Report to support.
Virtual Devices Error Error #943: Device '1363895387' not found in active map. Report to support

All the devices are active and the Virtual Device Group works. Any suggestion?

JP

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:59 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

What Indigo version are you using?

Jay (Indigo Support)

Posted on
Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:47 pm
howartp offline

Ah, I had this last week when I started playing with Virtual Devices as well.

I'm on 6.1

I decided at the time (before coming across this thread) that it might have related to Duplicating the virtual device group.

Editing the device group and updating all-States (with the checkbox) seemed to put it right.