Feature Request - RESTfull json

Posted on
Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:53 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request - RESTfull json

Thanks, we'll get these changes rolled into the next version of Indigo 6.

Posted on
Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:27 pm
huey offline

Awesome! I may post up my IWS plugin that utilizes the json calls if I finish it by then!

Thanks again for the help!

Huey

Posted on
Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:07 pm
chobo offline

Matt -

Any chance there's a quick/easy way to force Indigo 6.0.9 to reply to http PUT CALLS like http://127.0.0.1:8176/devices/office-la ... method=put with json by default instead of html?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on
Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:05 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Afraid that isn't one we can drop in quickly. We cannot change the default behavior because it might break apps/scripts relying on the current behavior, so it would have to be an additional parameter or something. We'll add it to the feature request list.

Posted on
Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:01 pm
chobo offline

That makes sense and thanks for adding this to the feature request list.

Is there any way to send a command via the RESTful API that doesn't trigger an automatic response? Working on a slider in a GUI and doing everything I can to reduce the load on the Indigo server...

Thanks.

Posted on
Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:57 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

No. If you know when the slide stops sliding (mouse up, touch release, etc) then just wait until the slider is done before sending the command (which is exactly what Indigo Touch does).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:36 pm
RogueProeliator offline

Just wanted to add that if you try to update/send it continuously (as opposed to Jay's suggestion) you could generate a ton of INSTEON/Z-Wave commands in a short time if you aren't careful... no matter the RESTful response. I don't know if that would be an issue, but just a thought as I could see it causing collisions.

Posted on
Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:18 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

It might be OK for Z-Wave - it's pretty fast and may not have collision issues. For INSTEON, I can pretty much guarantee that it won't work, and it'll cause a lot of other issues on the network as well probably (missed broadcasts, failed commands, etc.).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:42 pm
chobo offline

Jay and RogueProeliator:

Great advice! I'm controlling z-wave devices exclusively and tinkering with CommandFusion iViewer to make sure it will interface nicely with Indigo. So far so good. Updating continuously seems to work, but the ramp rate isn't perfectly smooth... it's close but not like dimming locally. I'll probably revert the sliders back to the Indigo Touch behavior (send command on slider release) since this GUI will ultimately end up on multiple devices across multiple users.

Still very much looking forward to seeing what's next for Indigo Touch!