Enhance or suppress "Embedded script executor host1 started"

Posted on
Tue Jun 13, 2023 7:44 am
ryanbuckner offline

Enhance or suppress "Embedded script executor host1 started"

I have lots of these entries into the logs. They don't contain enough information to be useful, so I'd like to enhance them with more information or suppress them:

Code: Select all
Jun 13, 2023 at 9:08:00 AM
   Embedded script executor host1 started

Jun 13, 2023 at 9:10:00 AM

Jun 13, 2023 at 9:33:01 AM

Jun 13, 2023 at 9:38:00 AM

Posted on
Tue Jun 13, 2023 2:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Enhance or suppress "Embedded script executor host1 star

That can happen when you press the Compile or Execute buttons in the UI to run an embedded Python script. They can just be ignored (but there isn't a preference to disable the logging of them).

Posted on
Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:15 am
ryanbuckner offline

matt (support) wrote:
That can happen when you press the Compile or Execute buttons in the UI to run an embedded Python script. They can just be ignored (but there isn't a preference to disable the logging of them).

I see them in the log when I haven't been using the UI in a while. For example, this was logged 2 minutes ago and I wasn't near my machine:

Code: Select all
Jun 14, 2023 at 11:13:00 AM Embedded script executor host1 started

Posted on
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:11 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

I think I had it backwards. There are 2 different embedded script executors: one for when the compile/execute UI buttons are hit, and one for executing embedded scripts from the Indigo Server engine (as part of schedules, triggers, etc.). The one you are seeing is the latter. It should just startup once and be reused. If you are seeing the message multiple times then you probably have embedded scripts that are taking more than 10 seconds to complete (which should be logged) in which case Indigo Server kills the process and starts a new one (the next time an embedded script needs to execute).

Posted on
Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:58 pm
ryanbuckner offline

matt (support) wrote:
I think I had it backwards. There are 2 different embedded script executors: one for when the compile/execute UI buttons are hit, and one for executing embedded scripts from the Indigo Server engine (as part of schedules, triggers, etc.). The one you are seeing is the latter. It should just startup once and be reused. If you are seeing the message multiple times then you probably have embedded scripts that are taking more than 10 seconds to complete (which should be logged) in which case Indigo Server kills the process and starts a new one (the next time an embedded script needs to execute).

Thanks Matt. Looks like I have some stuff to troubleshoot.

Page 1 of 1