Feature Request - Control Page Image Repository

Posted on
Fri Dec 30, 2022 10:39 am
ryanbuckner offline

Feature Request - Control Page Image Repository

It seems that most people are moving towards Alexa or API driven HA control, but I know there are still tons of control pages running houses.

Indigo's OOTB image set is limited and dated. It would be great to have a central repo where we could host new user-created control page images.

I assume in the absence of Jay and Matt creating a space here on the site, we could create a github repo if they were cool with it. Posting here first since I'm sure this idea has come up many times before.

Posted on
Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:44 am
DaveL17 offline

Re: Feature Request - Control Page Image Repository

I can't speak for Matt & Jay, but there is business risk hosting images associated with a corporate account. The biggest risk IMO is (global) copyright infringement potential, but there is also risk associated with people uploading things that may not be appropriate (not Indigo users, of course).

But people (myself included) have repositories available and I don't see a risk in a thread where people can post links to their own repos. I have a repo of images that include a number of images that I've created -- or that are in the public domain -- here. There's also a post about the WUnderground Gauge Pack that could be used for other things. If for nothing else, this one might be a helpful tutorial for folks on how to layer control page elements to make a single control.

Just my $0.02.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Dec 30, 2022 12:05 pm
ryanbuckner offline

DaveL17 wrote:
I can't speak for Matt & Jay, but there is business risk hosting images associated with a corporate account. The biggest risk IMO is (global) copyright infringement potential, but there is also risk associated with people uploading things that may not be appropriate (not Indigo users, of course).

But people (myself included) have repositories available and I don't see a risk in a thread where people can post links to their own repos. I have a repo of images that include a number of images that I've created -- or that are in the public domain -- here. There's also a post about the WUnderground Gauge Pack that could be used for other things. If for nothing else, this one might be a helpful tutorial for folks on how to layer control page elements to make a single control.

Just my $0.02.

Thanks Dave. This is what I had in mind. I get the copyright issues potentially causing more work or oversight. So maybe your thread with individual repositories distributes that liability in the way we need.

Posted on
Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:03 pm
DaveL17 offline

No problem. Also, just to make it easy for folks to find the tutorial, here is a direct link to the WUnderground Gauge Pack Configuration tutorial.

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Fri Dec 30, 2022 2:14 pm
Different Computers offline

Well there has now been at least one ruling that AI generated art can't be copyrighted, so Stable Diffusion et al may let us create a mass of cool icons with little trouble.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Fri Dec 30, 2022 5:49 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Images can be shared in the File Library (there are some there already in the Web section).

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Sat Dec 31, 2022 12:13 pm
ryanbuckner offline

jay (support) wrote:
Images can be shared in the File Library (there are some there already in the Web section).

I had forgotten about this Jay, thanks. Doesn't look like it has a lot of activity

Page 1 of 1