Indigo 2022

Posted on
Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:02 am
Londonmark offline

Re: Indigo 2022

Lets you use Siri both at home and away. So gives you voice control without needing to be near an Alexa device. If you're iOS / WatchOS based for mobile devices that's quite a big deal.

"Hey Siri, turn on the coffee machine" is an essential part of my routine if I've been out and am returning home - the coffee machine takes a good 20 minutes to warm up.

Posted on
Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:06 pm
Different Computers offline

Also some of us are allergic to Amazon's relentless privacy invasion and won't abide Alexa in the house.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:30 pm
cesarvog offline

Different Computers wrote:
Also some of us are allergic to Amazon's relentless privacy invasion and won't abide Alexa in the house.

+1

Posted on
Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:20 pm
jltnol offline

+200

And I might add I also don't have any Apple devices listening to me 24/7 either.

Posted on
Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:44 am
durosity offline

Different Computers wrote:

+3.14

Losing access to HKB would be a concern, although it does feel like a concern not just from Indigo changes but also from what happens in iOS. For a while I considered trying to pick it up myself, but simply put it was way too much for my intermediate levels of python and simply put.. not having the time for it anymore. If someone wants to pay me £40k+ a year though I'd happily quit my job and update HKB with all the latest functionality! Any takers? :D

Oh and @Matt and @Jay.. I know Python 3 needs a lot of development time but there is one highly pressing matter that must take precedence.. can you make the Indigo client icon match the Monterey dimensions?

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:52 pm
Turribeach offline

Today I finally upgraded to the latest MacOS version (Monterrey 12.2) and I felt proud of myself for being up-to-date until I realised that by going with Monterrey I may have put myself into a problem. As per Jay's post Monterrey 12.3 will break all versions of Indigo. And as Jay says the new version of Indigo, 2022.1, won't be ready by the time 12.3 comes out. Where does that leave anyone running Monterrey already? Presumably Apple will not release security updates for Monterrey 12.2 separately so if there was some zero day vulnerabilities patched in Monterrey 12.3 the only way Monterrey 12.2 Indigo customers could get them will be by moving to Monterrey 12.3 which will obviously break Indigo. Wouldn't make sense to ship Indigo 2022.1 with it's own version of Python 2.7 install as well to decouple it from the OS for ever without doing the full Python 3 migration in 2022.1? That way Monterrey Indigo customers can continue to get security updates until the Indigo version that supports Python 3 comes out. Thanks

Posted on
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:50 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Well, you're certainly not in a unique position. I expect many users had already upgraded to 12.X before this come to light (including me).
Last edited by FlyingDiver on Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:54 pm
FlyingDiver offline

Also, I think bundling 2.7 with Indigo is almost as work as bundling 3.X, for no net gain. Better to accelerate the 2022.1 release.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:33 am
cesarvog offline

I agree with you both.

Posted on
Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:31 pm
Espressomatic offline

Is there any plugin available to connect Indigo devices to a copy of Homebridge that isn't bundled within Homekitbridge or otherwise installed on the Mac that hosts Indigo?

I'd love to have all my devices together, and right now I'm running Homekitbridge which handles everything from the Indigo side, but then I'm also running an up-to-date Homebridge installation on a different server which handles all new and up-to-date plugins to support other devices.

I'd prefer to have all my non-HK stuff under a single installation of Homebridge where I can manage the plugins myself. The second level of disconnect, though not directly related, is I'd really love some way to get devices from Homekit and Homebridge back into Indigo - there's plenty of convenience that can be had from using Homekit, but there's an infinite number of things it doesn't handle well or at all, many of which are simple to work through in Indigo.

Posted on
Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:39 pm
FlyingDiver offline

I looked into that at one time, and the basic problem is that HomeBridge only has the concept of talking to devices or accessories. I could see no way to expose the accessories it knows about to another controller-level process. That's why the current implementation of HKB can only expose Indigo devices to HomeBridge, but not the other way around.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:45 pm
davinci offline

Any news on Homebridge-indigo?

Will it break with macOS 12.3?

Posted on
Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:18 pm
marchioli offline

hmm, before I realized 12.3 was going to b break Indigo, I upgraded only to find out now my whole Indigo environment is broken :oops: :oops: :oops: .

Can I download Python 2.7 and install in on 12.3 to work around the Indigo issue?

Turribeach wrote:
Today I finally upgraded to the latest MacOS version (Monterrey 12.2) and I felt proud of myself for being up-to-date until I realised that by going with Monterrey I may have put myself into a problem. As per Jay's post Monterrey 12.3 will break all versions of Indigo. And as Jay says the new version of Indigo, 2022.1, won't be ready by the time 12.3 comes out. Where does that leave anyone running Monterrey already? Presumably Apple will not release security updates for Monterrey 12.2 separately so if there was some zero day vulnerabilities patched in Monterrey 12.3 the only way Monterrey 12.2 Indigo customers could get them will be by moving to Monterrey 12.3 which will obviously break Indigo. Wouldn't make sense to ship Indigo 2022.1 with it's own version of Python 2.7 install as well to decouple it from the OS for ever without doing the full Python 3 migration in 2022.1? That way Monterrey Indigo customers can continue to get security updates until the Indigo version that supports Python 3 comes out. Thanks

Posted on
Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:37 pm
FlyingDiver offline

marchioli wrote:
hmm, before I realized 12.3 was going to b break Indigo, I upgraded only to find out now my whole Indigo environment is broken :oops: :oops: :oops: .

Can I download Python 2.7 and install in on 12.3 to work around the Indigo issue?

No, it won't install in the right place. You'll need to restore from your backup. You do have a backup, don't you?

joe (aka FlyingDiver)

Posted on
Wed Mar 16, 2022 10:31 pm
JBB offline

Sorry to say, this was a fiasco on the part of Indigo.

I upgraded and then found out things were incompatible because Apple took Python 2.7 out of 12.3.

Indigo was sandbagged? Apple should have taken it out for 13.0?

This is mission critical software. Betas of 12.3 have been out for awhile. There is no excuse for this occurring.