Add Home/Away images for the State Image Sel Enumeration

Posted on
Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:54 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Add Home/Away images for the State Image Sel Enumeration

A welcome addition to the list of State Image Sel Enumeration images would be a Home and Away image

Posted on
Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:18 am
ryanbuckner offline

Re: Add Home/Away images for the State Image Sel Enumeration

Any chance these will see some updates?

Posted on
Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:07 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Still on the ToDo list but right now we are top priority is Python 3 support for scripts and plugins.

Posted on
Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:52 pm
ryanbuckner offline

matt (support) wrote:
Still on the ToDo list but right now we are top priority is Python 3 support for scripts and plugins.

Totally understood. Thanks Matt.

Posted on
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:41 pm
Different Computers offline

It’s a totally weird way of doing it, and there are some limitations, but it’s possible to make your variable for home status an emoji . And Away too. So that would give you an image that represents the status.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Sun May 01, 2022 7:01 am
ryanbuckner offline

Different Computers wrote:
It’s a totally weird way of doing it, and there are some limitations, but it’s possible to make your variable for home status an emoji . And Away too. So that would give you an image that represents the status.

Go on....

Posted on
Wed May 11, 2022 7:21 am
Different Computers offline

I’m not sure what more to explain. I have a variable that represents “house mode“. Those modes correspond to home, away, and asleep. But instead of using those three words, I use three different emoji. One of the house, one of an arrow pointing out, and one of a bed.

Indigo is perfectly good at using those emoji as variables. So the logic is just the same as using the term “home” and the emoji for a House. If variable equals house emoji …

This allows me to display these “variable images” in control pages. The only hitch with this is that there are some limitations in size since they are just characters in a font, really. I use some old iPads for control panels, and older versions of iOS use slightly different fonts that display a little wonky.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Posted on
Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:41 am
ryanbuckner offline

My use case is to change the icon in the client application to represent the status of the plugin device - not on the control pages tho, thanks!

Page 1 of 1