Share the development backlog

Posted on
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:42 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Share the development backlog

This is a paid product, so I think it's only fair that the product roadmap is shared (at a more detailed level than previously shared). True agile development is done with a visible backlog and plan to stakeholders. We pay yearly now for Indigo, we should know the roadmap.

Posted on
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:58 pm
glt offline

Re: Share the development backlog

On one hand I am curious about where one of my favorite products is at in its evolution. On the other hand I don't know that if I were part of a small development team I would be enthusiastic about publicizing information that potential competitors could find useful.

Maybe when the pandemic breaks some of the futures can be discussed over beverages at a user conference.

Posted on
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:27 pm
DaveL17 offline

Have you seen the latest announcement? It did include some information about Indigo's immediate development future.

Indigo wrote:
In an unprecedented move for us, we are going to lay out some release targets for 2021 (and hopefully moving beyond that). We believe that it will help set some expectations at least for the next year and is something we hope to refine over time. While these are targets, and we're committing to doing everything we can to meet them, please do understand we have to stay flexible in where we focus our resources in this very dynamic industry. Hopefully, 2021 won't be as full of issues as 2020 has been!

https://www.indigodomo.com/blog/2020/12/31/2021-releases/

I came here to drink milk and kick ass....and I've just finished my milk.

[My Plugins] - [My Forums]

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:22 am
ryanbuckner offline

DaveL17 wrote:
Have you seen the latest announcement? It did include some information about Indigo's immediate development future.

Indigo wrote:
In an unprecedented move for us, we are going to lay out some release targets for 2021 (and hopefully moving beyond that). We believe that it will help set some expectations at least for the next year and is something we hope to refine over time. While these are targets, and we're committing to doing everything we can to meet them, please do understand we have to stay flexible in where we focus our resources in this very dynamic industry. Hopefully, 2021 won't be as full of issues as 2020 has been!

https://www.indigodomo.com/blog/2020/12/31/2021-releases/

Yeah I did see this. Hopefully it's a sign of more transparency to come.

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:44 am
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

ryanbuckner wrote:
DaveL17 wrote:

I guess you wanted more details? Sorry but while we may make additional updates on our strategic plans, we have absolutely no intention of posting details beyond the level that's in the current blog post.

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:53 pm
ryanbuckner offline

matt (support) wrote:
ryanbuckner wrote:
DaveL17 wrote:

I guess you wanted more details? Sorry but while we may make additional updates on our strategic plans, we have absolutely no intention of posting details beyond the level that's in the current blog post.

Understood. Thanks for responding on these forums so quickly.

Page 1 of 1