Apple Watch App

Posted on
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:05 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Apple Watch App

Could be used for presence detection, device status checks, unlocking doors, communicating commands through Siri, etc..

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:04 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Apple Watch App

Also on the request list, though demand has been quite low comparatively.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:54 pm
ryanbuckner offline

jay (support) wrote:
Also on the request list, though demand has been quite low comparatively.

Curious, how do you judge demand of new features?

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:01 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Demand is pretty straight-forward: customer requests combined with our strategic direction. Basically, the way every other company does it.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:54 pm
ryanbuckner offline

jay (support) wrote:
Demand is pretty straight-forward: customer requests combined with our strategic direction. Basically, the way every other company does it.

What's the source of the customer request data?

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:25 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Hi Ryan,

You seem to want a level of transparency in how we develop Indigo and run our business that we are not comfortable providing (for several reasons which I'm not going to elaborate on). As I said in my previous forum post, our recent blog post has the level of detail we are comfortable sharing. We also aren't interested in discussing any details about how we acquire, rank, or prioritize our development besides what we've already published.

Posted on
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:17 am
ryanbuckner offline

matt (support) wrote:
Hi Ryan,

You seem to want a level of transparency in how we develop Indigo and run our business that we are not comfortable providing (for several reasons which I'm not going to elaborate on). As I said in my previous forum post, our recent blog post has the level of detail we are comfortable sharing. We also aren't interested in discussing any details about how we acquire, rank, or prioritize our development besides what we've already published.

I understand Matt. Thanks

Posted on
Wed Jun 23, 2021 4:00 pm
Ericbo offline

Just got my apple watch and would love to have Indigo on it (eg I don't have a key to my house anymore and use Indigo ... when I run I only run with my apple watch ...). Thank you for adding to the list! ... I understand if this is not high on the list but it would be very cool ....

Posted on
Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:19 am
durosity offline

On a side note have a look at the HomeKit Bridge plugin.. basically mirrors Indigo devices in HomeKit that is natively supported on the watch and works exceptionally well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:46 am
akimball offline

I use siri (homebridge) with my waterproof apple watch to open and close the garage doors. It occurs to me I may be able to have this work while working on the sprinkler zones. Its suitable because its waterproof (phone is not). Hoping the latency isn’t a factor.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

-Al

Posted on
Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:52 pm
durosity offline

Latency is very small for me, even over WAN, certainly much much MUCH faster than the indigo touch app.. alas I find the reflector service just way too slow over here to be usable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:43 am
agame offline

interesting read, and disappointing approach to customer service.
the last release was so far from addressing my needs i'm actively considering move off Indigo.

Posted on
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:47 am
Ramias offline

Homebridge is the way to go for Apple Watch, Siri, IMHO.

WIth the Indigo home bridge plugin or it would be great if somebody could make an Indigo plugin for Homebridge directly. I don't have the skills myself; nodejs is what the plugins are written in.

I get Indigo devices working in Homebridge (native) via the CMD4 plugin. viewtopic.php?f=84&t=25101#p202731

I've looked at other systems just educationally but nothing has the polish or quality of Indigo from what I've seen -- more features -- sure; but gaps in quality or plugin functionality for my needs.

Page 1 of 1