Most important feature needed

Posted on
Sat Jan 30, 2021 3:04 pm
ryanbuckner offline

Most important feature needed

I'm sure this has been discussed before. The most important feature I need is for Indigo Touch to communicate my location to the server, so I can accurately detect presence. I understand that battery is an issue, so a setting on the server or on the app could throttle how often data is sent.

Will we see this feature? Other platforms have had it for years and DomoPad handles it.

Posted on
Sat Jan 30, 2021 5:51 pm
norcoscia offline

Re: Most important feature needed

Agree, this is an important missing core function in Indigo - I think Jay said (a while ago) that it is on the upgrade list but is very hard to get right.

The one thing I like the most about Indigo is everything that is supposed to work, works. I would rather have a bit less if it is 100% reliable so OK with waiting until anything Jay and Matt add can be done so everything works properly together.

_______
Norm

Posted on
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:40 pm
ryanbuckner offline

norcoscia wrote:
Agree, this is an important missing core function in Indigo - I think Jay said (a while ago) that it is on the upgrade list but is very hard to get right.

The one thing I like the most about Indigo is everything that is supposed to work, works. I would rather have a bit less if it is 100% reliable so OK with waiting until anything Jay and Matt add can be done so everything works properly together.

Agree with having it done right. I feel like this feature is so core to home automation that it should get priority. Sure, there are tons of other solutions you can try but this is the one missing that IMO should top the list (from a user perspective).

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:03 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

Everyone thinks their feature request should be at the top of the list; that's the nature of feature requests... ;)

It is on the list, though no ETA given other priorities.

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Mon Feb 01, 2021 4:55 pm
ryanbuckner offline

jay (support) wrote:
Everyone thinks their feature request should be at the top of the list; that's the nature of feature requests... ;)

It is on the list, though no ETA given other priorities.

So true!

Page 1 of 1