Control pages as pushable

Posted on
Sat May 23, 2020 11:52 am
pocster offline

Control pages as pushable

I know this has been asked before but ...
Control pages ‘pushable’ as a consequence of an event / trigger .
Is this anytime ‘soon’ ; appreciate a vague reply .
Also if / when this happens how will simultaneous control pages be dealt with ? I.e multiple triggers to display a control page ; queued ? Some priority system ?

I know Matt & Jay don’t give ‘dates’ for features but this one facility alone puts Indigo in a completely different league .

I know it’s a big ask to say the least .....

Posted on
Sat May 23, 2020 1:48 pm
matt (support) offline
Site Admin

Re: Control pages as pushable

Sorry, this one isn't on the "soon" list at this time. :? Still on the list though! :)

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 1:29 am
pocster offline

matt (support) wrote:
Sorry, this one isn't on the "soon" list at this time. :? Still on the list though! :)
Ah ok ! . Just a mega feature when it does happen . There’s no way to ‘fudge’ this is there ? . Doorbell gets pressed a control page is ‘forced’ ?

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 9:34 am
RogueProeliator offline

Ah ok ! . Just a mega feature when it does happen . There’s no way to ‘fudge’ this is there ? . Doorbell gets pressed a control page is ‘forced’ ?

If by "fudge" you mean by using an Android tablet, you can... :-)

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 10:26 am
pocster offline

RogueProeliator wrote:

If by "fudge" you mean by using an Android tablet, you can... :-)
I need it to work on an iPad .
Why can it be fudged on android and not iOS ??

Posted on
Sun May 24, 2020 3:30 pm
FlyingDiver offline

pocster wrote:

Because Adam wrote the Android client, and made it work there. You don't use Indigo touch.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 1:59 am
pocster offline

FlyingDiver wrote:
pocster wrote:

Because Adam wrote the Android client, and made it work there. You don't use Indigo touch.
So it would require a ‘fix’ on iPad / iPhone client software ? . Not a change in indigo server ??

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 4:11 am
FlyingDiver offline

pocster wrote:
So it would require a ‘fix’ on iPad / iPhone client software ? . Not a change in indigo server ??

Probably both. Adam's solution is both an Android app and a plugin for Indigo.

joe (aka FlyingDiver)
my plugins: http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=177

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 9:52 am
peszko offline

I'd love to have this feature. For several reasons. The doorbell press is one. To bring to front specific camera on motion/action detection. To time out back to the home page after certain inactivity time. To me this is would be a super useful feature.

I might even force my self to sully my house with an android tablet for this. :-)

Posted on
Mon May 25, 2020 9:55 am
pocster offline

I’m trying to think of a way to fudge this on an iPad ....

Posted on
Tue May 26, 2020 4:22 pm
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

I don't believe there's any way to do this currently with Indigo Touch (if there were a way to run iOS shortcuts periodically in the background then you could do it). It's on the feature request list but not high enough to make it into a release as of yet.

It also might be possible with the Pushcut service, but I believe it would require two separate subscriptions (the Pro version and also the Automation Server Extended) for a total of about $40USD/year. I'm not positive it would work, and their website makes is kinda hard to figure out what the parts are and what's required, and you can't test the extended automation server (you get a 2 week trial of the Pro version). Basically it was too much $ and effort for me to look further into. But, it might work by using their Web API in Indigo to push an Indigo Touch URL...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed May 27, 2020 12:49 am
pocster offline

jay (support) wrote:
I don't believe there's any way to do this currently with Indigo Touch (if there were a way to run iOS shortcuts periodically in the background then you could do it). It's on the feature request list but not high enough to make it into a release as of yet.

It also might be possible with the Pushcut service, but I believe it would require two separate subscriptions (the Pro version and also the Automation Server Extended) for a total of about $40USD/year. I'm not positive it would work, and their website makes is kinda hard to figure out what the parts are and what's required, and you can't test the extended automation server (you get a 2 week trial of the Pro version). Basically it was too much $ and effort for me to look further into. But, it might work by using their Web API in Indigo to push an Indigo Touch URL...
Thanks ! I’ll check it out - it’s worth a look

Posted on
Wed May 27, 2020 4:38 am
pocster offline

pocster wrote:
jay (support) wrote:

Thanks ! I’ll check it out - it’s worth a look
Beyond my skill set but is it possible to simulate a key press via a url ?
Again a ‘fudge’ method ....

Posted on
Wed May 27, 2020 11:18 am
jay (support) offline
Site Admin

pocster wrote:

Not following you...

Jay (Indigo Support)
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn

Posted on
Wed May 27, 2020 11:26 am
pocster offline

jay (support) wrote:
pocster wrote:

Not following you...
It is a fudge !
Suppose a ‘trigger’ could move the mouse / touch screen to a specific point on screen then click ; execute python code I assume .
Effectively you could ‘push’ a control page ( on the icon selected ) .
Certainly a less than perfect work around but the example of a doorbell pushed and a control page appears as a result of that would be something....