Three things I would like to see in Indigo

Posted on
Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:29 am
Busta999 offline

Three things I would like to see in Indigo

As wish list....

1. Better built in tools for tracking / displaying energy consumption. - I have a lot of Plug in Zwave sockets - would be nice to be able automatically track energy usage
2. Better built in Central Heating management - linked to location of iPhones with Indigo App
3. Better/Nicer Control Page tools to make them look more modern

My 5c worth

Posted on
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:10 pm
durosity offline

Re: Three things I would like to see in Indigo

Yeah.. they’d all be great things. Particularly control pages.. mine have kinda languished for the last 5 years as I can’t do what I want to do with them. Just “simple” things like a frame for a separate control page to control navigation, or things like easily enable/disable triggers and schedules. Still.. I guess the fact that so many of us are now using alternate ways to interact with Indigo such as Siri and Alexa has somewhat reduced the demand for a control page refresh..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Computer says no.

Posted on
Sun Mar 08, 2020 12:17 pm
Busta999 offline

I must admit most things are automated or requests through Alexa.

But I do use FireTablets to display status page for each room with alerts a battery low, freezer or fridge too cool/too warm or door left open.

Also the modes the house is in - holiday/guest/ away etc

It would be nice to have prebuilt thermostat controls etc

Posted on
Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:46 pm
Different Computers offline

With you on #3, but 1 & 2 seem like the sort of thing that would vary so much from person to person (me with awful, proprietary Carrier HVAC and iPhones vs. someone else with room by room electric baseboards and Androids) that there are lots of things more valuable to spend dev time on.

SmartThings refugee, so happy to be on Indigo. Monterey on a base M1 Mini w/Harmony Hub, Hue, DomoPad, Dynamic URL, Device Extensions, HomeKitLink, Grafana, Plex, uniFAP, Fantastic Weather, Nanoleaf, LED Simple Effects, Bond Home, Camect.

Page 1 of 1